1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Just got a new HTC incredible 2. Need some hlep choosing a case.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jandroid2011, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jandroid2011

jandroid2011 Lurker
    None

Nov 21, 2011

Advertisement

2. jandroid2011

jandroid2011 Lurker
    None

Nov 21, 2011
  3. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    I like those softer ones (your second choice). I had one of those harder cases (like your first one), but it didn't provide much in the way of cushioning a fall. These softer ones, like the silicone glove I use now, absorb impact better.
    I keep it in a belt pouch (yeah, I know it's lame, but I don't like carying it in my pocket). Doing that, you don't need a screen protector. I had an Eris for over a year and a half, and never scratched the gorilla glass.

4. SLeepdepD

SLeepdepD Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    I really like the Verizon silicon one...cheap, doesn't add much bulk, raised edges protect camera and screen: High Gloss Silicone Cover. I just realized there are a lot of negative comments about the case holding the volume button down. The Verizon rep told me about this and recommended I just stretch that area slightly...it was gone in a couple days.

5. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yeah, that's like the one I have. I bought it on the street in Manhattan for 5 bucks, though (it's not offcial Verizon, of course). I never had a problem with it pushing the volume buttons.

6. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    I have to cast a vote for the seidio case you posted originally. I have used them on my Eris and my DInc2 and they fit my style perfectly. Tough rigid protection that looks mean and slick without adding bulk. I do also have a couple other cases laying around and I gotta say I like the tpu cases too. Same reasons with a little give in the stiffness.
    I like'm rigid. I think the protection is better just because if I drop it the forces transmitted to the phone are spread out better. That being said, I think any case that covers the phone (not one of those feather or barely there cases) will provide enough protection for every day drops. If you work construction or just want to be able to throw your phone against the wall then the seidio active or one of the otterbox cases are for you.
    Hope you like what you got.