• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got an Eris!!!

EKG

Android Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2010
I'm really happy! I love this phone so far. The widgets are great and everything looks so smooth and nice. Got a few questions though. Obviously the first would be about a task killer, but I know that is so hotly debated over and over that I'm not even going to bother to bring that up. But what are some really useful apps that people are running? I don't need like radio listening apps, but what are some good ones? Help a newbie out!! :D

Not trying to start another task killer debate, but my suggestion would be to try your phone before you decide to add one. If the phone runs alright then go with it. If it starts to give you problems then take things from there. No real need to install something if you don't need it.

As for other apps, that is really subjective. What I may find to be the most useful app in the world, you may find worthless. Just for example, I doubt you would be all that interested in an app to track menstrual cycles. While I and he other ladies may love it. ;) The best way to find good apps is to decide what you want to do and then just search the market. These threads may give you some ideas though.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/44587-list-your-apps.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/24900-list-must-have-apps-please-add.html

You can also search through Androlib.com to see apps with reviews, screenshots and some videos.

Upvote 0
Not trying to start another task killer debate, but my suggestion would be to try your phone before you decide to add one. If the phone runs alright then go with it. If it starts to give you problems then take things from there. No real need to install something if you don't need it.

As for other apps, that is really subjective. What I may find to be the most useful app in the world, you may find worthless. Just for example, I doubt you would be all that interested in an app to track menstrual cycles. While I and he other ladies may love it. ;) The best way to find good apps is to decide what you want to do and then just search the market. These threads may give you some ideas though.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/44587-list-your-apps.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/24900-list-must-have-apps-please-add.html

You can also search through Androlib.com to see apps with reviews, screenshots and some videos.

Yeah, that is what I am doing. My Eris is running totally fine right now without a Task Killer, so I am going to keep from using one for now. Thanks for the help OTD and starseed!

Upvote 0
Hahah I love the craziness of this place. I don't post a whole lot, because I honestly don't have a ton to contribute yet as this is my first full day with the phone, but I lurk around on these boards pretty much all day ha!

So today my battery ran out by like 5 pm after a charge all night and unplug at about 7 am...turns out a lot of it had to do with me setting my email to check every 15 minutes. Changed it to check every hour instead, and WOW...what a difference. Battery is doing great now.

Upvote 0
sssssshhhhhhhhhh!!!! don't scare the new guy so fast folks, come on, we need new blood to keep OTD calm!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!

I seriously just had my assistant come check on me because I was laughing out loud.

These people may be nuts, but they are one of the friendly groups on here, your in good hands ;)

Welcome to the Android Forums!!

Awww, thanks Vido. BTW, I have a picture of that puppy in my office. It reads:

This is Fluffy. He is the destroyer of worlds.

My girlfriend and I keep talking about getting one that looks just like that one. He is too cute.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones