1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Just got droid. Few questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lilbballer27, Sep 2, 2010.

1. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

Ok so I have a few questions about the droid. I just got it a few days ago from verizon in the mail. They replaced my Eris with the Droid which i was really happy about. Ok so a few things my droid came with 2.2 straight out of the box. Ive been seeing that there is 2 updates for 2.2? How do I tell if I am on the 2nd update or the 1st one?

Advertisement

2. GarnetHaze

GarnetHaze Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Go to settings; select About Phone at the bottom of the options; check Build Number at the bottom which will be FRG22D if it's the second update

3. lilbballer27

It says FRG01B so i take it thats the first one?

4. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Yep...that's the first one. So, you can either wait for #2 OTA....or just root and enjoy all the great benefits today! :) Welcome to the droid!

5. lilbballer27

Thanks and I want to root but I saw that there is like 40 steps!!! lol like is it really that hard to root this phone? I rooted my eris is in like 5 minutes. :cool:

6. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Nah... It takes virtually no time to root. It just looks a lot harder than it is. Also, thanks to rsdlite and factory restore files, it's virtually impossible to brick this phone.

7. lilbballer27

Well I think I may need some help anyways. I know its laid out by steps but I still feel that I would do it wrong some how.

8. TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Musician
    Phoenix
    That's how I felt when I rooted mine last January, but I researched everything to make sure it was something I wanted, followed each step carefully, reading each step at least twice to make sure it was right, and it took me 10 minutes to actually root. I would do it all over again. The worst part is the "what-ifs" that you think about, but it's like a band-aid, it seems like it will hurt worse than it actually does.

9. lilbballer27

Yea i rooted my Eris no problem and I def want to root my Droid and get it overclocked to 1 ghz lol I want speed! :)