• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got EVO - couple easy/basic questions

edwelly

Jun 4, 2010
Hello. Just picked up my EVO today (yippy) and had a couple questions.
1)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]When I try and change the wallpaper, I have to crop the image. Is this normal??? The picture looks fine when I view it so I am not sure why I have to crop the image.
2)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]When the phone is dark how do I know that I have gotten an email? My Pre would flash a light to let me know I have something new

there are settings that may change your email notifications. EVERYTHING can be changed. if you have your email notifications off, the LED in the ear piece will not blink, but you could turn it on. take some time to explore all settings available and set everything how you want. this is what i love about this phone... its so customizable! Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Ok all - I got the wallpaper thing down now so thank you for that!

However, I do get a green light that flashes for about 2-3 mins. After that, it stops flashing. I sent myself an email and I saw the green light start flashing, but after 2-3 mins it is no longer flashing. Any way to may the lights around the home buttons flash?

thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones