• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got G1.. need answers for few ??..

KOOLUIS

Lurker
Mar 30, 2009
1. How can you make/create an application, I got a lot of ideas but I don't know how to do it. Or is there no way?

2. Is there a better video recorder than the one I downloaded? It is the most popular one but it sucks.

3. When you record, can you put those videos on YouTube from the G1?

Help..

Thanks.

1. How can you make/create an application, I got a lot of ideas but I don't know how to do it. Or is there no way?

2. Is there a better video recorder than the one I downloaded? It is the most popular one but it sucks.

Help..

Thanks.
1. I can't really answer that. There is a developer section on this site that should be able to get you started. I know you need the developers kit.

2. The 1.5 "cupcake" firmware is coming to the US in a few weeks that has a video recorder that works pretty well.

3. I know the new recorder has options to send the video, but I cannot say if it works directly with youtube.

Upvote 0
HAHA Harb you must have posted right before me lol

Help..

Thanks.

1. Get started at developer.android.com From there you can read everything you need to know about Android. http://developer.android.com/guide/index.html

2. You will be getting the Cupcake update soon, wait until you get that and delete the video recorder you have now...either that or you can Root your phone and get cupcake now...

3. Again if you either root and get cupcake now or wait until you get your OTA update then yes you can upload videos directly from your phone to Youtube and also picture to Picasa.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones