1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just got IPHONE 4 for VERIZON

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tremonti, Feb 8, 2011.

1. tremonti

tremonti Newbie

Had Fascinate...just got Verizon IPHONE 4 yesterday....love it.....yes not as customizable....but it works so smooth.....only really miss Swype and contact widgets on home screen. Good move I think!:)

load97 likes this.
  2. Avalanch3

Avalanch3 Member

Thats cool man.

3. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert

Congrats!!! All about getting the right device for you...

4. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast

Lol I'd still run with 3G for another year or so. 4G is like using something that doesn't even exist right now :p Glad you got something you like haha my mom actually got hers in the mail today too.

5. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Seriously though former SF owner now with an iphone = whatever makes you :)

6. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

Whatever works for the op personally....good for them....for many that ended up with android as the next best alternative because there was no iphone on vzw then the move makes complete sense. :)

Now if only vzw hadn't whored themsleves out to apple and gotten rid of our annual upgrades and more............

blackbrolly and Frisco like this.
  7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Even if I wanted to leave Android and get the iphone I couldn't do it, how could I ever leave this site and this community?

8. karib

karib Android Enthusiast

I personally would not get an iphone, but I do see the appeal for some. It is a finely tuned device :) I just wish the introduction of it to Verizon wasn't affecting us with the loss of upgrades and 14 day return policies... I feel like we're being punished... Have I been naughty?? lol

9. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Deleted TWENTY off-topic and/or rude posts (and responses to them).

As a reminder to all, the OP is well within the Rules and Guidelines that this forum has in place to post that he's switching to another phone.

Per the Forum Rules:
    Please keep it ON topic and polite!!!

OP - While I personally do not like the iPhone as it doesn't fit my needs, I'm glad that you found a phone that works best for YOU! :)

Feel free to visit and post on the forums!

WV_ANDROID and JasonRK like this.
  10. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 Well-Known Member

How are people switching from the Fascinate to the iPhone? Or am I the only one who got stuck with a two-year contract when I got my Fascinate?

11. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

My co-worker went ahead and added a line on her family plan so she could get the iPhone between her and her husband.

She said, "I'm not sure which one we'll be fighting over yet, but at this point I'm letting him fool with the iPhone."

She has a Droid 2.

12. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Good for you man! As a former iphone user, I must say Apple makes a good product.
    I'm just way into customizing my phone these days, and Android lets me do that. However, who knows what the iphone 5 4G will bring to the table....

13. djb28

djb28 Android Enthusiast

I almost throat punched my girlfriend today when she said. " Do you think i should get the Iphone, or the phone you have? So i kept my cool and said, Here is my phone.. Here is my Iphone. ( yeah, i had one.)
    but the SF is rooted, themed and fast!

She played for about 20 minutes came back and said. Put this back in the drawer. Damn dude. I could have sold you my Iphone! lol

14. tgulch22

tgulch22 Android Enthusiast

Remember 4G is really just a marketing ploy. It is not a set speed, it just means 4th generation. technically Tmobile's 8G could be slower than VZW 3G. The iPhone 4G just means it is on the 4th Generation.

Until they come up with a set of requirements for 4G 3G etc, they will always come out with the next higher number to make you think it is better...

15. tremonti

tremonti Newbie

The fact that Samsung couldn't even push out the Froyo 2.2 before the Iphone 4 release with Verizon is stupid......I mean come on......that is another reason I choose the Iphone. Still loving the switch.....Fascinate could be awesome...but just too glitchy.

irish likes this.
  16. saps

Well what Samsung does not push you can still have others ways.

17. irish

irish Well-Known Member

Agreed! My Facinate sucks! I want the Thunderbolt but I'm tired of the secrecy surrounding the damn thing. I'm going tomorrow to get 2 iPhones for the wife and I. If the TB comes out with in my 30 trial, we can trade in at no cost to me. May as well get a test drive before I decide to love or hate the device as I have never had one.

18. tonyb81

tonyb81 Android Enthusiast

Yeah, but it shouldn't have to come to that.

19. saps

Ideally yes, sometimes we just play the cards we're dealt though

20. octoberdana

octoberdana Well-Known Member

The return policy is now 14 days and there are rumors that the thunderbolt has been pushed back so that iphone buyers will not be able to exchange it- at least the ones who buy in the first few days.

21. tonyb81

tonyb81 Android Enthusiast

if you are already a customer, there are ways around that.

22. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

How long has Fascinate been out?

How long has the iPhone 4 been out?

How many updates has the Fascinate had since it's birth?

How many updates has the iPhone 4 had since it's birth?

As for the why? Why update an old device which you've already sold, when the update will make a new line of phones look like shite?

23. deltido

deltido Newbie

To the OP,

Unless it's extremely urgent that you get a new phone now, why not wait for the iPhone 5(June/July) which will probably be better in many ways over the 4. I'm guessing a dual core processor will be present (Apple is fairly creative and may actually have software to work with all that power) since the iPhone 5 will have to compete with the many droids with a 2x tegra. I couldn't imagine Apple having a single core phone for a whole year while all these double muscled droids slap it around. At minimal it will be single core with a high clock rate.

Just my 2 cents.

24. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member

If the iphone 5 is even going to be available on Verizon at release?

They will probably let AT&T have it exclusive at first?

25. tremonti

tremonti Newbie

THUS FAR HERE IS WHAT I'VE LIKED AND DISLIKED GOING FROM THE FASCINATE TO THE VERIZON IPHONE 4.

LIKE: Smooth un-glichy operation, better calendar, easy to add music and pictures, free visual voice, better reception(surprised), better bluetooth operation.

DISLIKE: No Swype, less interface customization

I'd switch again given the chance....love the Iphone....truly a great product that was well thought out.

Just my 2 cents....not a Fascinate basher...just thought some would be interested. Thanks!

Frisco likes this.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews