• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just Got Lg connect, help

Hey guys, I cant say im totally new, because I usually just browse the threads for tips. I just made an android forum account though.

I recently got the Lg connect and I really like it so far. The only problem is that when I put it in to charge, the bottom four buttons flashed repeatedly, and then I unplugged the charger because I thought something might of been wrong. Now I put it in to charge, and it shows no signs of it being charged. (no lights on etc) and I tryed to turn it on while plugged in but it wont turn on. I dont know if this is important, but I used the phone till it died(0% battery).

What do I do? Is it charging? Does your Lg connect show any sign of charging? Do I have to wait or something?

Hey guys, I cant say im totally new, because I usually just browse the threads for tips. I just made an android forum account though.

I recently got the Lg connect and I really like it so far. The only problem is that when I put it in to charge, the bottom four buttons flashed repeatedly, and then I unplugged the charger because I thought something might of been wrong. Now I put it in to charge, and it shows no signs of it being charged. (no lights on etc) and I tryed to turn it on while plugged in but it wont turn on. I dont know if this is important, but I used the phone till it died(0% battery).

What do I do? Is it charging? Does your Lg connect show any sign of charging? Do I have to wait or something?

when battery dies and light flash is normal process...
i dont know what to tell u..
but did u try to pull battery off and put it back and then try to charge it..
did u activate the phone already? do you have 4g icon enable?

Upvote 0
when battery dies and light flash is normal process...
i dont know what to tell u..
but did u try to pull battery off and put it back and then try to charge it..
did u activate the phone already? do you have 4g icon enable?

It was activated at the store...
When I put it in to charge NOTHING HAPPENS, for example, I plug it in, and it doesn't vibrate, no lights pop on, nothing.

When its plugged in to charge, I try to turn my phone on but it wont.

Upvote 0
Plug your phone to the charger.

The lights will flash if the battery was a 0% that is normal.

No you cannot turn it on or do ANYTHING while the lights are flashing.

Leave them flashing and walk away.

After 5 to 10 minutes of them flashing return to your phone and try to turn it on while plugged in. If that does not work try it unplugged.

Once your phone turns on leave it charging until full.

If your phone does not turn on after the above mentioned steps then panic.

Reactions: Selections
Upvote 0
Hey guys. I just wanted to go through the troubleshooting process I went through to get my phone charging again.

If you can help it, don't let your LG Connect discharge completely. If it does, it forces you to go through the following steps.

1) Plug the phone into a wall or USB charger. The wall charger is best, and I've found I had better results if I used an iPad charger that delivers 2A of current. (Whether or not this is really better or not is a subject I leave to electrical engineers, but I consistently get faster and better charge times with the lone exception being a car charger being fastest).

2) If the bottom 4 lights are flashing on and off, this is normal, but it seems to require that you wait until the phone has enough charge to power on. If you leave the phone plugged in while it is in this state, it doesn't seem to charge completely, for reasons unknown to me. So as a previous poster said, if you can get it to this step, you're halfway there.

3) Attempt to power on the phone while it is plugged in. If you can get it to the point where the LG symbol appears and a bunch of animations fire off so that it boots, then you are home free. Once the phone is powered up or even if it's not fully booted but shows the battery charge icon, then you are free to plug the phone in.

The phone charges SLOW, whether it's with a 3rd party charger or the included LG Connect adapter. I've been forced to invest in plugs/adapters for mobile use and one at my work, office, and car.

Final suggestion: Investigate power saving apps. The app that I use is called JuiceDefender. It's free, and so far on it's aggressive setting, it's doubled my general use of the phone. Basically, my phone would completely discharge over the course of the day due to the background apps killing it. Juice Defender has customizable settings that basically turns off things like wi-fi and background apps when they are not in use.

There are some challenges with it; at certain power settings if you really want to use the wi-fi, you need to go into the settings and re-enable it, but that may be a result of being on the "aggressive" setting - so your mileage may vary.

The big key is not to panic. Ah, and one other thing.

If you can't even get the flashing lights, then take your phone's back off, and take the battery out for a couple of minutes. This "reset" seems to wake the phone up. If someone can comment as to the "why" that would be great.

I just went through this process (including the panic phase) and now my phone is charging. Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0
Hey guys. I just wanted to go through the troubleshooting process I went through to get my phone charging again.

If you can help it, don't let your LG Connect discharge completely. If it does, it forces you to go through the following steps.

1) Plug the phone into a wall or USB charger. The wall charger is best, and I've found I had better results if I used an iPad charger that delivers 2A of current. (Whether or not this is really better or not is a subject I leave to electrical engineers, but I consistently get faster and better charge times with the lone exception being a car charger being fastest).

2) If the bottom 4 lights are flashing on and off, this is normal, but it seems to require that you wait until the phone has enough charge to power on. If you leave the phone plugged in while it is in this state, it doesn't seem to charge completely, for reasons unknown to me. So as a previous poster said, if you can get it to this step, you're halfway there.

3) Attempt to power on the phone while it is plugged in. If you can get it to the point where the LG symbol appears and a bunch of animations fire off so that it boots, then you are home free. Once the phone is powered up or even if it's not fully booted but shows the battery charge icon, then you are free to plug the phone in.

The phone charges SLOW, whether it's with a 3rd party charger or the included LG Connect adapter. I've been forced to invest in plugs/adapters for mobile use and one at my work, office, and car.

Final suggestion: Investigate power saving apps. The app that I use is called JuiceDefender. It's free, and so far on it's aggressive setting, it's doubled my general use of the phone. Basically, my phone would completely discharge over the course of the day due to the background apps killing it. Juice Defender has customizable settings that basically turns off things like wi-fi and background apps when they are not in use.

There are some challenges with it; at certain power settings if you really want to use the wi-fi, you need to go into the settings and re-enable it, but that may be a result of being on the "aggressive" setting - so your mileage may vary.

The big key is not to panic. Ah, and one other thing.

If you can't even get the flashing lights, then take your phone's back off, and take the battery out for a couple of minutes. This "reset" seems to wake the phone up. If someone can comment as to the "why" that would be great.

I just went through this process (including the panic phase) and now my phone is charging. Hope this helps someone.

I know this thread has been solved already but i had a scare as well ...

My phone made a notification sound and wouldnt turn back on... i started downloading the RUU and everything lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones