• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help just got my admire.tips tricks?

Android comes with Google Maps and Google Navigator. They work with the phone's builtin A-GPS receiver.

Google maps is nice because its updated constantly with new data on locations.

The big downside to the system, is that it requires an internet connection to work, at least you need internet to calculate a route. If you lose connection en route, it'll still get you there, but you won't be able to set any new destinations.

It also chews through battery, so get a car charger.

I find I can use my phone most of the time for navigation, but I keep a garmin Nuvi on hand as well, for when I'm outside of coverage.

Upvote 0
Hi.I'm new to these types of phones.What can i do to increase its performance? Updates? How do i send pics to ,say,photobucket?I don't think i got a booklet with this info such as sending pics with texts,etc.Thanks. Dave

Increase performance, speed or battery?

Speed, keep an eye on your phones internal memory, they tend to slow a bit when memory gets low. Move what apps you can to SD (maybe get a bigger card too, useful once root is attained as well as immediately for pics and stuff.).
Live wall papers and stuff (like my crazy home launcher) can help slow your phone when memory is low to but not as bad as some phones I've owned. I had 100 user apps installed yesterday and finally hit the lag threshold around 60mb free internal memory.

Other than that the performance isn't bad.

Battery?
Just use the power control widget to turn stuff off that you aren't using.

Upvote 0
I tried sending a pic to a friend but he said he never rec'd it. the phne said sent.I took pic,then hit share,messaging,n picked their name the after a while later it said sent.Why didn't he receive it?also, what is "root" a phone?
Does your friend have MMS capability on his phone and service provider?

Root means that you have "full administrative access" to your phone and can make changes that the manufacturer and service provider have prevented you from making and/or are locked down. Rooting your phone allows you to remove built in applications that you do not use or do not want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones