• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got my DNA!!!

Pros:

Fantastic screen
Very fast
Well built
Great ergonomics
Good battery life
Excellent reception (radio)

Cons:

Limited to 16GB internal memory
Non-removable battery

This about sums it up, but for me personally, neither of the cons hurt me one bit since battery life is amazing for me and my usage and the space isnt a factor since I could easily get away with less space on my phones.

Upvote 0
This about sums it up, but for me personally, neither of the cons hurt me one bit since battery life is amazing for me and my usage and the space isnt a factor since I could easily get away with less space on my phones.
I've had my DNA for about two months now and I don't think I've had the battery die on me once if that. Battery life was a big concern with me as I was coming from a Droid Charge which was usually dead by mid-day toward the end. I almost went with a Droid Razr Maxx HD but in the end I'm glad I didn't.

Storage space hasn't been an issue for me either. I used to keep all my music on my phone, but I uploaded it to Google Music for free and it hasn't really been an issue. I was taking a long drive through a very rural area with no signal recently and was wishing I had my music, but I just put on the radio instead.

So far, my only real complaint with the phone has been the SIM card issue. It's only happened about 2-3 times for me, but I use the phone for work a lot and the fact that I may just lose network connectivity at random makes me nervous/annoyed.

Upvote 0
I've had my DNA for about two months now and I don't think I've had the battery die on me once if that. Battery life was a big concern with me as I was coming from a Droid Charge which was usually dead by mid-day toward the end. I almost went with a Droid Razr Maxx HD but in the end I'm glad I didn't.

Storage space hasn't been an issue for me either. I used to keep all my music on my phone, but I uploaded it to Google Music for free and it hasn't really been an issue. I was taking a long drive through a very rural area with no signal recently and was wishing I had my music, but I just put on the radio instead.

So far, my only real complaint with the phone has been the SIM card issue. It's only happened about 2-3 times for me, but I use the phone for work a lot and the fact that I may just lose network connectivity at random makes me nervous/annoyed.

My buddy has had that same issue with sim card, I havent seen it once yet with this phone which is surprising since alot of people claim to have it happen. I have like a gig or two of music on my phone, I rarely listen to music on there, but i threw it on there cause i had like 11 gigs doing nothing, figured why not.

Upvote 0
My buddy has had that same issue with sim card, I havent seen it once yet with this phone which is surprising since alot of people claim to have it happen. I have like a gig or two of music on my phone, I rarely listen to music on there, but i threw it on there cause i had like 11 gigs doing nothing, figured why not.
I don't think I had it happen to me until I owned the phone for a month or so. Of course, right after I wrote my post it happened again. Most seem to say the older the phone gets the more often it happens.

Upvote 0
My HTC Incredible is about done after all these years and I am looking at the DNA through Costco.
My concerns are the size of it. Does it just look big,how does it feel while in use?

Wondered the same thing myself a few weeks back when looking at buying the phone. Three weeks later I love the phone and it fits great in my left front pocket even with a case...this phone has been the best smartphone I've ever owned. Period, end of story. The ability to root with OTA would be nice. But out of the box stock, this phone is amazing. You won't regret the purchase.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones