• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just got my Epic; need help picking a ROM

Mo786

Lurker
May 15, 2011
I just got my Epic a few days ago and noticed the horrible battery life. I was warned by the Sprint representatives, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Anyways, after searching and looking around, I found out that the best solution is to root it and get rid of the all the bloatware that came pre-installed.

Now my question is, what ROM should I pick? I like the look of the device and most of the features. I just want most of these stupid pre-installed apps removed.

I still want the GPS and the TouchWiz drop down thing is pretty nice.

All I'm really looking for is longer battery life with the least amount of features removed. I need it to be stable as well of course.

So, any suggestions on what ROM would be good for me?

You don't have to flash a ROM right away. Root access alone will allow you to remove bloatware.<br>
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1061912" target="_blank">[ROM][ODIN][RFS/EXT4][NOCIQ] EC05 Stock Plus Updated 5/5/2011** - xda-developers</a> is my preference.
<br>
I see<br>
I see. So which ones should I remove? As in which ones are the most useless and biggest battery hogs?

Also, is there a way to tether without using a ROM?

Upvote 0
I just got my Epic a few days ago and noticed the horrible battery life. I was warned by the Sprint representatives, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Anyways, after searching and looking around, I found out that the best solution is to root it and get rid of the all the bloatware that came pre-installed.

Now my question is, what ROM should I pick? I like the look of the device and most of the features. I just want most of these stupid pre-installed apps removed.

I still want the GPS and the TouchWiz drop down thing is pretty nice.

All I'm really looking for is longer battery life with the least amount of features removed. I need it to be stable as well of course.

So, any suggestions on what ROM would be good for me?
ACS just came out with EE03 and it works great. i have been using it all day and have seen no problems at all with it. it is 2.3 gingerbread and it is alot faster than froyo 2.2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones