• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Got my Eris!

AnerisDroid

Dec 11, 2009
Well I just picked up my Eris from Fed Ex. It is charging before I activate it, and my anticipation is building. My BlackBerry has given me nothing but grief for the last few months, and I am so excited about this little slice of digital heaven!

When will this light turn green?!?!?!

It takes FOREVER to charge. Just plug it in and activate it while it is charging. I had no patience with mine.
You have to wonder if something is maybe wrong then with the included charger? With such a weak battery, why does it take 4 to 5 hours to charge a drained standard battery? I am now charging my Eris and it wasn't completely dead but been on the charger for 2 hours now and it still isn't done? WTF?

Upvote 0
You have to wonder if something is maybe wrong then with the included charger? With such a weak battery, why does it take 4 to 5 hours to charge a drained standard battery? I am now charging my Eris and it wasn't completely dead but been on the charger for 2 hours now and it still isn't done? WTF?

Actually I just looked up "how long to charge eris" and came up with this link. I unplugged my Eris and plugged it back in and sure enough, the light turned green within a few seconds. Apparently this is a known issue. And to think I have been waiting for who knows how long with a full charge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones