1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just got my first Droid yesterday... help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iPhone2Droid89, Aug 21, 2012.

1. iPhone2Droid89

I got an HTC One X yesterday and I'm loving it so far.

However, i'm having issues with it. It wont let me do much on facebook, it crashes and says "unfortunately facebook has quit working."
    Frustrating!

It also wont sync my emails?

Help :)

.... general advice on other things will be great as well.. iPhone to Droid is very confusing.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Welcome to the forums, iPhone to Droid! (and the world of Android) :)
    I've moved your thread to the One X forum for further support.

3. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Welcome I 2 D,

Glad you like your One X, Does this FB error happen at specific times or is it random?

You could probably try and clear the cache in Facebook that may sort any problems out... If you go to Settings > Apps > Facebook then clear cache...

I've done a quick google and some people have fixed a similar problem by

Settings > Developer Options > Uncheck the box that says "Dont keep activities".

Obviously I cannot reproduce your problem so this may or may not work i'm only a mere minion lol

When you say it doesnt sync mail... which app are you using and what are you trying to connect to? any information will be great :)

Hope we can help out

Cheers

4. gogander

gogander Newbie

The lastest Facebook update is the reason. Facebook for Android and iOS updated with big new features | MobileSyrup.com Happening with my One X the laste couple of weeks, and with a lot of other Android phones.

5. 3vodroid

3vodroid Android Expert

6. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

Honestly, I have not had an issue with FB on my One X. Sucks that you are but try clearing the cache and re download FB from the market. See if that helps.

Re: Mail, jimbobcook asked what mail you are meaning? Make sure your auto sync is turned on as well.

I highly recommend placing the power widget on a home screen to control wifi/bluetooth/GPS. Can help conserve battery life as well.

Best Wishes!

7. Vtec

Vtec Member

The facebook app is crap. Honestly most android apps suck hard in comparison to their iPhone counterparts. I just made the switch to android as well from iPhone, pretty shocked at how bad some of my favorite apps are on here. This is the second time I have attempted to convert and I think It's for good this time. Android os has gotten significantly better and I like it more than my iPhone now.

8. 3vodroid

3vodroid Android Expert

Vtec yo! K alright I just had to say it.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews