1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

just got my hero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adz63, Aug 2, 2010.

1. adz63

adz63 Android Enthusiast

ok after 2 months of trying to change my cr@p satio my hero finally arrived today and i think its a gr8 phone ..

1st of all are there any specific settings i should use for the phone, maybe to help with battery life , better camera and video making etc ,

2nd am i still able to use the windows messenger from the 3 site or soes it have to be from android market

3rd i have looked at the ROM thread but i dont really understand what it is or what it does , should i update it , if so what will it do ,

4th i know 3 are miles behind in the update department my phone currently has 1.5 but not worried about that as i can wait for them , so please dont state i should unbrand

5th any useful apps . i didnt have anti virus on my satio (symbian ) is it advisable to get an av for android, does opera work well on the hero and any other apps that are good . oh a real good sat nav would be good too gmaps is poor

anything else you think i need to know let me know

dont ask for much do i lol

thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Velouria

Velouria Lurker

Hi, I have also just got my new (well second hand) hero today on three. I think there are good app links in the sticky hints and tips thread, also google top/best android apps.

I traded in my old nokia n86 because I was sooooo bored with it and upgrade time is sadly far away. I have to say, so far I love it, even on 1.5. I have 2 emulators running and facebook and twitter and all sorts, it's great. Then again anything would be more entertaining than my clunky old s60 n86 (miss the camera though) :rolleyes:

I like the barcode app (search in the market) it's fab, also the appkiller app is essential otherwise there is no way to close down running processes (well afaics)

3. adz63

adz63 Android Enthusiast

yeah i just got the advanced task killer , its a bit of a bummer you cant just sign out of things and exit , but apart from that , i have downloaded a few apps , just really waiting for a reply for best free satnav and if i really need an anti virus

4. Jaseamondo

Jaseamondo Newbie

The best free one is a part of google maps but I don't think it's available in 1.5 , so you'll just have to be patient if you don't want to unbrand your phone.

regards Jason

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews