• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just got my hero :)

wonka816

Dec 6, 2009
so i just got my hero a little while ago and activated it. got a few questions though, how do i calibrate the keyboard...i seem to type a little off and i was told i can calibrate it for much better accuracy. is the new update already installed or do i have to go somewhere to install it? i got the phone from best buy mobile and upgraded from my palm centro.

any apps you would recommend for me to download? ive never had an android phone before. any other tips you would like to give me would be great. thanks :)

thanks, i found the calibration after i posted this and seemed to help still getting used to the on screen keyboard though. and mines already updated :) thanks, any apps you would recomend for a first time android user? i downloaded phitdroid, its a fun little game i played a lot on my girlfriends g1 haha

i heard that the hero can be much snappier if i turn off sense UI, how would i go about doing this or does it not make enough of a difference?

Upvote 0
so i went to go check my voicemail and its trying to call some random number (was like 000-000-0067 or something) how can i change this to my correct number?

Is calling your voicemail via a contact? If so just go into the People app and edit the contact to your correct number. If not, someone else may be able to help :p

Also check the thread in my signature for a quick start guide and some good apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones