i hate to agree with merf there but he has a point. The HD2 can and does kill the MT3G and will also run android. (seen it and does work) Another thing is the mytouch is the bottom of the line. (yea im pissed too)
The things that I did to make my phone more enjoyable:
1: Root then bricked it, Got another (free replacement)
2. Rooted again properly this time.
3. Got a hold of custom roms. (there are plenty out there)
4. Get app crazy. Find ones that I would love to use. (i love mostly games)
5. Tweak tweak tweak the home replacement apps. As a matter of fact i just tweaked this morning.
6. Find out what is best for you, (1.6, 2.1, 2.2) I have tried all and to be honest i like the 2.2 better. Then again my phone is rooted and i did jump the gun since tmo does not know how to update anything. (last company to get updates to phone)
7. Play all over the net. I am a net whore so im always on there.
8. Watch youtube vids and upload my own.
9. Text the wife and friends a lot
10. Make phone calls when needed.
Other then that its a process. If your geek savvy and or have some patience work with the phone and see what you might like and dislike. There are plenty of things we could help you decide on and or fix.
Trust me im not happy with the mytouch but its the BEST that i can afford right now. 1 year left and im OUT of contract. Dont know if i will stay with Tmobile or not. I probably will since they do have the fastest speeds for the net ill just upgrade to the newest and greatest.
The best part about android to me is your phone is your phone. You can make it look however you want any style you want. If your mood changes you can change with it. Its quite simple. I know the HD2 does not have as many options as us. Over all you will like the phone. Just play with it, let us know your dislikes and we can help you over come them.