• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got my mytouch 3g

Guys!! Lmao. I am stuck with the Mytouch for quit awhile so the Vibrant isn't an option right now.Lol.

Aight..so, my dad baught me this mytouch which is a TOTAL upgrade from my wack Verizon LG EnV Touch. -yea..iknow right- :/ So clearly, I don't know what potential i have with this phone.
My dad has this stupid Windows HD2 phone with all these apps and calls it the "KRATOA"..smh..what can I do to impress him with this phone?

I'm on the verge of getting my data plan turned off because I don't know what I can do to better my phone. I NEED HELP!! Lol.

from like...A to Z.
c'mon people..make my phone THE HOTTNESS! lol.
I am really impressed with the knowledge you guys have.

If you were just beginning, what are the five things you would do to the MyTouch?

I'm a NEWBIE with this and I don't know what to do.LOL

Upvote 0
i hate to agree with merf there but he has a point. The HD2 can and does kill the MT3G and will also run android. (seen it and does work) Another thing is the mytouch is the bottom of the line. (yea im pissed too)

The things that I did to make my phone more enjoyable:

1: Root then bricked it, Got another (free replacement)

2. Rooted again properly this time.

3. Got a hold of custom roms. (there are plenty out there)

4. Get app crazy. Find ones that I would love to use. (i love mostly games)

5. Tweak tweak tweak the home replacement apps. As a matter of fact i just tweaked this morning.

6. Find out what is best for you, (1.6, 2.1, 2.2) I have tried all and to be honest i like the 2.2 better. Then again my phone is rooted and i did jump the gun since tmo does not know how to update anything. (last company to get updates to phone)

7. Play all over the net. I am a net whore so im always on there.

8. Watch youtube vids and upload my own.

9. Text the wife and friends a lot

10. Make phone calls when needed. :p

Other then that its a process. If your geek savvy and or have some patience work with the phone and see what you might like and dislike. There are plenty of things we could help you decide on and or fix.

Trust me im not happy with the mytouch but its the BEST that i can afford right now. 1 year left and im OUT of contract. Dont know if i will stay with Tmobile or not. I probably will since they do have the fastest speeds for the net ill just upgrade to the newest and greatest.

The best part about android to me is your phone is your phone. You can make it look however you want any style you want. If your mood changes you can change with it. Its quite simple. I know the HD2 does not have as many options as us. Over all you will like the phone. Just play with it, let us know your dislikes and we can help you over come them.

Reactions: BiGMERF
Upvote 0
o. LOL..

I was refering to the I hate to agree with Merf is that our phones do suck. I dont want to agree with you on that. :p Wish i had a big one...

brb....

monkey_sticking_out_tongue_sticker-p217375947581140899q0ou_400.jpg

Upvote 0
Wow, harsh people in here. Harsh lol! I just picked up the mt3g as well. Had the original Behold, went to the Behold 2 which was a disaster now am back with the mt3g. Way better then my past phones. My wife has the mts and wants my mt3g...lol. I'm waiting for 2.2. It is coming. Yeah, this phones been out a year but well. I passed on the vibrant as I still have a bad taste in my mouth after the behold 2.

Upvote 0
Root, then flash CM6 froyo and start customizing the hell out of it.

One thing you have on your pop's windoze HD is app selection.

I also have an HD2 and it sucks balls. I'm looking for a sucker to take it off my hands as we speak so I can save up for the HTC Glacier.

Ill take is shawn. I got about 150 apps for it i can use for it :p I can play with it till the Glacier comes out. However wife is getting the Slide next week as a birthday gift. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones