• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Got My Razr Maxx. Where's JellyBean?

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2011
Phoenix
So here I am finally. I'm moving on from the Bionic to the Maxx. So, I was reading some of the threads in this section of the forum and was finding that everyone got Jelly Bean. I got my phone today at about 1:30pm Arizona time. So I got it mostly set up. To my surprise it's not on JellyBean. So do I wait for the update, call Verizon, or push the update myself. The guy at the Verizon store actually encouraged me to root my phone and push one of the leaked updates because one of his coworkers did the update and the phone just keeps resetting. So I don't know what to do really. I mean I find it weird that an actual employee of Verizon in a corporate store encouraged me to root this phone. I actually don't want to root. I'm hoping that this topic doesn't get moved to root just because I mentioned root. I'm just relaying the information that I have to offer. Thanks for the help!

Usually before an update from Motorola gets sent out, they do a private soak test to make sure things install alright, that the server pushes it correctly, etc. You usually hear about it in the blogs, and then after 5ish days from the soak test, they flip the switch to send it out to the public. This is why the accidental OTA in December was so surprising, because there was no word of a soak test.

Upvote 0
Yes I know about soak tests. I was a part of the soak test for ICS on the Bionic. Anyways, I was reading the other JellyBean thread from back in December and I wasn't able to figure out if it was really an accident or really was released. I guess I should go check out the motorola forum and change my device to the Maxx so I might get included in the soak.

I'm ok with still being on ICS I just thought that it had hit the phone already. I mean honestly I just had the M over the weekend and it comes with JellyBean. The Maxx HD and Razr HD come with JellyBean. Anyways, it's all good. I'll be patient.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones