• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just Got My Replacement Droid, Problem with Keys

CSTblank

Nov 29, 2009
So I know this has been a recurring problem, the quick keys at the bottom of the screen being purple.

But no one has ever figured out what to do about it?

Is there a way to cover them up or something so they aren't visable at all?

It may be my OCD acting up, but i feel disgusted at the prospect of having to look at a phone whose 4 buttons are different colors for the next two years.

Any ideas?

I think you need to just get over it. Is it really purple, or is it purplish like the HID lights of a luxury car? Mine has a purplish tint, but I attribute that to an ultra-white LED bulb that's got a cooler temperature (6000K+).

No, it's really purple. Lilac, or lavender. Not the purple hue of HID headlights.

It's not so much that I'm bothered by the color purple, It's just that the back and menu buttons are the purple color, while the home and search keys are a bright white.

Upvote 0
It may be my OCD acting up, but i feel disgusted at the prospect of having to look at a phone whose 4 buttons are different colors for the next two years.

I exchanged mine yesterday for a few problems. Mainly way too much light leaking from the capacitive button's backlight onto the screen.

I'm so OCD about my phones that I sat in my car for 30 minutes after the exchange looking for things wrong with the phone and I found a couple of things that the average person would never notice or would simply overlook.

I can just imaging a bunch of phone geeks refreshing this forum all day and obsessing over the slightest things on their phones... hey, I'm one of them!

Upvote 0
I exchanged mine yesterday for a few problems. Mainly way too much light leaking from the capacitive button's backlight onto the screen.

I'm so OCD about my phones that I sat in my car for 30 minutes after the exchange looking for things wrong with the phone and I found a couple of things that the average person would never notice or would simply overlook.

I can just imaging a bunch of phone geeks refreshing this forum all day and obsessing over the slightest things on their phones... hey, I'm one of them!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's sick lol:p

Upvote 0
I'm OCD too, but I know when and how to pick my battles, choose which hill I want to die on. Like when I got my second one (because the first one had an non-functioning head jack), my soft keys weren't evenly lit like my first one. Honestly, I said fugg it, not a hill I want to die on. Since then, it doesn't bother me. Do I notice it? Sure. But I realized this: Eventually, you're going to find something wrong with the phone. No matter how great QC is, something's going to bother an OCD user. I don't want to be haunted by that, so I let it go knowing that in a few years, it's likely I'm going to get another phone and the OCD will creep in again. Can't let it rule your life ;)

Upvote 0
i just got my brand new replacement saem thing. my original build was a 43/09 NEW ONE IS A 49/09. soft keys are purple. slider does seem a little loose on this but every other issue is addressed i believe? im gonna give it a go since i had to reactivate again and reprogram (verizon verified this with me also) that i have another 30 day test run cause the reprogramming of the new esn said i was signing a 2 yr contract (again) so essentiall i have another 30 days. if this phone ends up the same as my last one i may just goto a BB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones