1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just got my S2 - couple of questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yabadaba, Jul 20, 2011.

1. yabadaba

yabadaba Newbie
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    Hi Guys, just replaced my HTC Desire with a S2 and am still in that phase where I'm getting used to to the new (to me) interface. Couple of things I've noticed from the start:

1: Although I'm not a big Facebook person I do sync with it so that the contact pictures show on my phone, but my own picture from Facebook has not synced across. I tried hitting the menu whilst in Contacts and then editing 'My Profile', but can't see anywhere to make the link. I expect I'm not actually a 'contact' as such on Facebook (i.e. I'm not in my own list of contacts), but somehow my HTC Desire did find the picture.

2: Just a little annoyance, but I've noticed that when I click into 'Applications' the first and third screens are full and the fourth is where the apps I've downloaded are accumulating, but the second screen has one empty box in the bottom right corner. I've tried moving the icons around but that space won't accept anything. Just looks a bit untidy!

Still on a learning curve, so might be some more questions soon :D

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

facebook doesnt list urself as a friend. so, im not sure how ur htc did it, i dont think the SGS2 will.. it only adds contacts from ur facebook friends list, and links them to ur google/phone contacts (if necessary) i was gonna suggest u create a new google contact for urself, and add a picture, but still u wont get a facebook link coz the fb app wont have ur account linked

ur second problem is strange. usually, u just go to Applications, press Menu/Edit and u can drag them around to any page u wish.. im not sure wats up here..

3. yabadaba

yabadaba Newbie
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    Thanks, it makes sense what you say in respect to the first issue...though, like you, I don't see how my HTC managed it. The Application screen thing makes no sense to me as I have tried menu/edit and moving the icons, but nothing will move to that that perfectly sized empty space!!

4. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

does this empty space only show in Edit view? coz when editing, there's always a blank page at the end, to show that u can create yet another new app page. u probably knew that, but i just cant figure this one out. lol