1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

just got my self new SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickolay, Nov 10, 2014.

1. nickolay

nickolay Lurker

Hi all,
    My first post!!! :D

Anyways, i got my Note 4 few days back and i already have less than half memory left so i decided to purchase my first sd card. because i'm new i cannot send any links yet.
    if you go on ebay and type Genuine Samsung 64GB Class 10 Micro SD SDXC UHS-1 Grade 1 Pro Memory Card 90MB/s you will see it, and its only 29.99!!!
    i know there are a lot of fraud going on but that seller seems legitimate and he has 99% positive feedback.

To be honest i was in between 2 cards this one and SanDisk extreme but at the end i got samsung one.

Do you have one? if so you want to share which one you got??? :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Android Enthusiast

I have a SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-1, had it since my GS3, will be getting a 64GB soon if I can't get a 128GB at a good price.

3. mbrazil05

mbrazil05 Member

I got an el cheapo 128gb off ebay for $13. So far it's working like a charm. Haven't notice any issue with it.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

mbrazil, be VERY, VERY careful. Many sellers on eBay sell counterfeit SDcards. What they do is take a 2GB or maybe up to an 8GB card and mark it up as 64GB or even 128GB.

It will work just fine... until you reach the physical memory limit of the card. And that's when you will start losing pics, music and files. And it's a permanent loss: you cannot retrieve the files.

If I see anyone selling what they advertise as a 128GB SDcard for $13, I personally RUN the other way.

http://rmprepusb.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-faster-test-for-fake-sd-cards-and-usb.html

Good luck on your files if you choose to trust it... but I strongly caution folks to stick with legitimate SDcard manufacturers and avoiding no-names at all costs.

:)

Dankees likes this.
  5. mbrazil05

mbrazil05 Member

Wow i'm stunned. didn't know that was possible. Is there a simple way i can check? I only plan on storing music and pics but i move my pics off my phone on a regular basis.

6. mbrazil05

mbrazil05 Member

Follow to my last post: YES I DISCOVERED I HAD A FAKE USB CARD. Thanks for the information. My card is only 6gb... at this point, its too funny to laugh, so i'll head back to ebay and see if i can get a refund. Thanks once again for the heads up!!! I'v e learned my lesson and will only by from reputable places.

7. Kcttocs

Kcttocs Newbie

For what it's worth, don't go cheap for an SD card. It's not worth it. Get a brand name one.

8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

You're quite welcome, MBrazil, and don't feel bad: people are buying these things by the millions so you're not alone. I'm just glad I was able to save your future data! And learning occurred... pass on what you have learned :)

Flash memory costs roughly USD $1/GB right now, maybe a little less. But Black Friday is fast approaching: and you could possibly get a REAL SanDisk 128GB card for $50-60 USD. Maybe less, but not much.

9. Fleetwood

Fleetwood Newbie

My immediate thought was - "Oh no you didn't!" :)

I bought a cheap SD card from eBay, maybe 5 years ago, that wasn't as it claimed. I can't believe it is still going on!

10. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Android Enthusiast

I have only owned Sony and SanDisk Memory cards, never gone for an unknown. I have had a 32GB SanDisk fail on me in the S3 and that was due to the S3 and SanDisk cards not getting along, there was an entire thread on it in the S3 forum here, and at Android Central S3 forum, SanDisk were kind enough to replace though, always good to stick to a trusted brand.

11. jhorne10

jhorne10 Lurker

BlackFriday at Best Buy, 64GB Samsung 24.99.

12. Dankees

Dankees Android Enthusiast

64GB MicroSD Cards will be under $25.

13. daddyd302

daddyd302 Android Enthusiast

Just buy something like this, it's legit and although not as fast as the "pro" version, it's much cheaper at $29.

Amazon.com: Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC up to 48MB/s with Adapter (MB-MP64DA/AM): Computers & Accessories

14. zombdroid

zombdroid Android Enthusiast

Not sure how long this will last, but Amazon has the SanDisk 128GB MicroSD card for $99.99.

15. daddyd302

daddyd302 Android Enthusiast

Still to expensive for me. I'll wait til it drops down to around $50. It might be a good deal for someone else but not for me. At lease it's not $150 anymore.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews