• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got my Tattoo

Terry1100

Nov 4, 2009
My shiny (or rather matt - which is probably a good thing from a fingerprint perspectibe) new Tattoo is sitting on my desk charging.

How did they fit that puppy into such a small box. When the girl brought it through from the stockroom I couldn't belive it.

I know there's no software CD but that's a masterpiece of neat packaging.

Carl,

Nice one - thanks. Now I can have Alexandr Orlov telling me "message, simples" when I get a text - my life is complete.

Home e-mail and work Activsysnc now set up (e-mail and calendar) so I just need to get contacts tidied and I'm fully "good to go"

Lovin' the Android experience.

Upvote 0
It's not yet officially "enabled" for Tattoo - but if you can find the .apk it does run.

But I'm not sure how this site would view the posting of a direct link on here - funnily enough, it doens't appea rin my history list for soem reaosn - try Googling it - the app does do exactly what it's supposed to - I now have "Message - Simples" as my SMS notification. :D

Upvote 0
There are several all out there that helps set and modify MP3 as ringtone, i personally like Ringdroid, it allows you to choose the mp3 and set it as a ringtone or notification sound at the end.

All above are by using another application to augment the process of putting the MP3 as a ringtone. The most simplest way is by organizing your folders in your SDcard.

This is how i set my folders.

SDcard > Media > Audio > Ringtones
SDcard > Media > Audio > Alarms
SDcard > Media > Audio > Notification
SDcard > Media > Audio > Music

If you set up your folder like above, once you reboot your phone, the OS will automatically set all the mp3 in Ringtones as an option when you go to menu.
All the mp3 in Alarm folder will be selectable when you want to choose a Alarm tone.
And all the mp3 in the notification folder will be able to be used in any app when you try to set a notification tone.

Another tip : If you guys are annoyed that all your mp3 even the one from GPS navigation software comes up in your music playes, or all the pictures come up in the album app, then there is a simple way to remove it.

Reactions: Shoresy
Upvote 0
There are several all out there that helps set and modify MP3 as ringtone, i personally like Ringdroid, it allows you to choose the mp3 and set it as a ringtone or notification sound at the end.

All above are by using another application to augment the process of putting the MP3 as a ringtone. The most simplest way is by organizing your folders in your SDcard.

This is how i set my folders.

SDcard > Media > Audio > Ringtones
SDcard > Media > Audio > Alarms
SDcard > Media > Audio > Notification
SDcard > Media > Audio > Music

If you set up your folder like above, once you reboot your phone, the OS will automatically set all the mp3 in Ringtones as an option when you go to menu.
All the mp3 in Alarm folder will be selectable when you want to choose a Alarm tone.
And all the mp3 in the notification folder will be able to be used in any app when you try to set a notification tone.

Another tip : If you guys are annoyed that all your mp3 even the one from GPS navigation software comes up in your music playes, or all the pictures come up in the album app, then there is a simple way to remove it.

Sorry for being ignorant here... Does it mean that we have to create new folders in the sdcard of our phone by the names: 'Media' and within it 'Audio' and within it 'Ringtones'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones