1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Just got new Android and need a bit of help now please!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by catswalkjpgr, Apr 17, 2011.

1. catswalkjpgr

catswalkjpgr Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2011
    My name is Debbie and I need some help. first off, I have no idea how to post on here and no idea if anyone can even see this.

It's easy stuff for people that know this phone.

Doesn't look like anyone will answer.

The first thing is that I made a folder on the homescreen and I can't figure out how to delete it.

The next thing is I plug the phone into my computer and nothing happens. This really worries me. My samsung always connect to my computer right away.

Next is I put my sd card from my other phone in it, but it plays the music on it but I can't figure out how to make it stop!

HELP! I only got one more day off from work and have really got to get this figured out.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Advertisement

2. catswalkjpgr

catswalkjpgr Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2011
    OMG, someone please answer me.

3. popovpumpkin

popovpumpkin Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    soFlo
    lol relax it will be okay. .
    1.for the folder on the homescreen, just press it and hold down your finger till you can drag the folder around. . carry the folder to the bottom of the screen towards the garbage can and drop it. . first problem solved.

2.as far as it not connecting to the computer, i assume your computer is running windows so you will probably have to install the drivers for your phone to connect properly to your computer.

3. and as far as music goes just open up the music player and hit the play/pause button lol it will stop.

for future reference you saying things like "someone answer me" or whatever you said after your initial post probably won't help you get a quick friendly reply. .

4. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    NYC
    Okay, you have successfully posted to the board, but you did so around half an hour ago at nearly five in the morning. It will take people a while to respond, particularly so early in the morning; don't freak out or anything.

Now to address your problems:

First, what phone are you using?

For the folder issue:
    As with any shortcut, folder or widget on your homescreen, if you long-press the icon (that is, instead of just tapping it like you would when opening it, you put your finger over it and hold it there until you feel your phone vibrate/buzz) you can drag it down (don't lift your finger off it!) to the trash icon that will pop up near the bottom of the screen. The icon will be green as you move it around but when you put it over the trash it will turn red. Once you have it over the trash lift your finger from it, and poof, it will be gone.

Plugging your phone into your computer:
    We need to figure out what exactly is not being recognized here. I assume you're correctly plugging the USB cord into the usb slot on your computer... when you do so, is there any change at all on your phone? Does it awake from sleep mode and does it begin charging? (check the battery indicator). If it does, then your phone is properly connected to your computer, and it's an issue of your computer not recognizing your phone.

This may be caused from different things. Most likely you don't have your phone set to USB storage mode. Pull down your notification bar, and you'll see something along the lines of a notification that you are connected to your computer. Tap it and you should be able to see a list of options. I don't recall exactly what they all say but one should say something like "mass storage mode" or something. I believe that's the option you want, but you can try whatever looks best, and if it doesn't work switch to a different mode.

Your phone will then pop up just as if you had connected an external hard drive. You can drag folders/files into it, modify or move things around.

If that DOESN'T work, then you're going to have to let us know what phone you're using and what operating system (probably mac or windows) you're using.

As for the music problem... I'm going to need you to be a little more specific. Are you playing the music with the default music player? When you press the pause button, does nothing happen? Or does it pause and then start again? What's happening, exactly?

Not to sound too rude here, and I hope I helped, but you can probably find better instructions than I can give, specified for your phone, in the manual that came with it.

5. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Midland's, South Carolina
    Calm down everythings going to be ok. The other fellas told you what to do but if you let us know what phone you have we can point you in the right direction for future questions.;):)

6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!