1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Just got one

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cookie_monster, Apr 23, 2011.

1. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    IOWA
    ok just picked up the DROID X and that essential pack from verizon today all for $80 matching a deal from amazon or at least matching to the furthest they could and rooted with z4root.

so what rom is most popular with everyone and most stable?

Advertisement

2. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    North Alabama
    Well, you will need to try them and see what meets your needs. I liked Apex at one time, but the 1.4.1 was not kind to my battery. I had the same issue with Liberty 1.x. I am still using Darkslide 4.2, which is my Fab for now. I have not tried the new Liberty 2.x yet, but getting ready to. All of the above mentioned Rome are rock solid on stability, I just had problems with liberty and apex really eating up my battery.

3. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    IOWA

awsome yeah i know i need to try to see what fits my needs. Just seeing what other people are seeing and reading forums. thanks for the insite

4. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    gingerbread is all you need

5. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert
    None

Darkslide and GummyJAR were my favorite 2.2 ROMs. I'm on the 2.3 leak atm, but I've been kicking around the idea of sbfing back to 2.2 and flashing my GummyJAR again until the OTA pushes out. I figure that's the one (the 2.3 OTA) all the devs will concentrate on anyhow, so why not be on it?

A lot of people around here liked Apex. I tried it, but my phone reacted a lot better to ROMs without blur in them until gingerblur arrived. Good new is, the new blur doesn't seem to gum up the DX like the old blur did.

Which should make the new ROMs based off of 2.3 REALLY kick ass!!!

cookie_monster likes this.
  6. mac16

mac16 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    ^ indeed they are. I am on alpha version 2 of the new apex gb version and its awesome. Its kind of sad though at the same time because this will be the last ROMs we will be getting as this is the last OS version we will get.

On a lighter note I am so content with GB I really dont need anything else.

To your original question IMO apex is the best of froyo. You need to make sure you are updated to the latest version of froyo if you go for apex 1.4. It should be 2.3.340, always check in settings-about phone to double check you are installing the correct version.

cookie_monster likes this.
  7. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    Title Insurance Underwriter
    Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast!
    I just installed Liberty Gingerbread v.3 on my DX today, and must say this is one VERY fast and quick rom. I also added the Fresh UI theme to it - it's a sort of blue theme, and looks rather cool.

-Mike