1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Just got replacement D2 can i restore?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shizumie, Feb 22, 2011.

1. shizumie

shizumie Newbie

Ok so my D2 screen would randomly lock up causing battery pull, so i sbf back to stock, called Verizon, they sent out new D2, (didn't even have me do hard reset/restore) .

So new D2 running fine so far (as fine as stock can, lol). So my question is can I root & clockwork restore my rom and settings from old phone, or is this a bad idea?

Also if i cannot restore my rom and settings, will i be able to restore apps, n data with titanium, and my backups on sdcard?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Advertisement

2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Android Enthusiast

I know for sure you can restore the apps the titanium. Not sure about doing a full clockwork restore.

3. JDunc

JDunc Android Enthusiast

I assume if you made a backup and still have that SD card you could restore back fully

4. shizumie

shizumie Newbie

Ok, First off just wanna say thanks for all the replies, and help.

So I set aside about an hour to work on this phone, just in-case I need to SBF back to 2.3.0. So in all of about 10 min, I had activated the phone, made test call/ sms , put on bootstrap and z4 root, (only them 2) rooted, did a backup. reboot clear data/cache, install backup from old phone, (from sd), loaded reboot, and incomes quire of angels singing because all is well! as far as I can tell my (certified like new, lol) new D2 is working flawlessly!

So I guess it is very possible! Thanks again!

Oh if for some reason I notice any problems I will post them hear, but I have run every test I can think of and all is well!