• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got the 1900 mah batteries - JUNK

chknhwk

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2011
Ok, so I purchased two of these batteries from Amazon on the recommendation of other users on here and I have to say these are absolute junk. :mad: The bottom of one of the batteries slid right off as I was trying to install it and after looking at the other one to see if it would do the same thing I noticed it is cracked and also doesn't seal! I don't know if this is a product of shipping or manufacturing but either way I am unhappy with these batteries and I do not recommend them. I would not use these in my phone considering the overheating problems and the fact they don't seal at all. :eek: Cheap Chinese manufacturing bit me again. :motz:

Well that sucks. Thanks for the heads up man.

Off topic here but I never buy things from private sellers online anymore. I made two purchases from amazon and two from ebay and all four times they were either counterfeits, broken or just plain scams. Luckily they weren't big buys ($200 max) so I can't imagine how some people would buy cars this way.

Upvote 0
Yea u got a defective product. I got mine from ebay and they were complete. They are not lasting much longer than the stock battery but they last just a bit longer. For what I use my phone for, one lasts me about 14 hours and I have the other one complete charged just in case I need it. My phone doesn't read the battery temperature though, it gets hot (not as much as the 1500 mah) and it still says 89.6 degrees F but it feels like 100 degrees F.

Upvote 0
Did you try the Felpusi ones? I have 2 of the 1900mah batts, my experience with them is totally different. I am quite pleased with their output so far. Out of the box they were charged about 70% for me.
They are lasting a few hours longer than stock for me, and that is just what i need to get through the day before i hook up my backup to it. They seemed well built for over sea cheapo batteries.
It has to be a batch thing.

Upvote 0
....sounds like a disgusting name for a body part that shouldn't be related to batteries at all...

But to get back to subject: Buying anything online is always a gamble. Hell I wear a surgical mask, gown, and gloves when opening anything I buy online outside in the open that way I know damn well if something's in it I'm not affected too heavily. I even carry down a complete first aid kit with eye wash, and all kinds of medical grade chemicals; as well as a toolbox with everything from bios tweezers to a sledge hammer.

Buying anything online is a gamble (repetition, I know.) Thinking otherwise will end up VERY bad for you. Be wary, be cautious, and ALWAYS be suspicious!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones