1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Just got the 1900 mah batteries - JUNK

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chknhwk, Apr 29, 2012.

1. chknhwk

chknhwk Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    Ok, so I purchased two of these batteries from Amazon on the recommendation of other users on here and I have to say these are absolute junk. :mad: The bottom of one of the batteries slid right off as I was trying to install it and after looking at the other one to see if it would do the same thing I noticed it is cracked and also doesn't seal! I don't know if this is a product of shipping or manufacturing but either way I am unhappy with these batteries and I do not recommend them. I would not use these in my phone considering the overheating problems and the fact they don't seal at all. :eek: Cheap Chinese manufacturing bit me again. :motz:

Advertisement

2. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Well that sucks. Thanks for the heads up man.

Off topic here but I never buy things from private sellers online anymore. I made two purchases from amazon and two from ebay and all four times they were either counterfeits, broken or just plain scams. Luckily they weren't big buys ($200 max) so I can't imagine how some people would buy cars this way.

3. THE W

THE W Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2012
    Detroit
    Seems like you got a defective product. Even if you got a working product the 1900 isn't gonna do much for you.

4. ohbaby

ohbaby Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 4, 2012
    Male
    NY, NY
    Well I also got this battery on the recommendations of others and I agree it sucks. Mine is not defective but doesn't last any longer than the stock 1500 mah. Plus it adds weight to the handset, and no longer feels balanced. Kinda bottom heavy throwing the balance off.

5. pl4life52

pl4life52 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Amityville, NY
    Yeah I ordered two and a wall charger for like 10 bucks and if I paid more then that id be really disappointed not much more battery life, I am looking into the 3500 but i dont like how it doubles the size of phone so as of right now if i know im going to use my phone for a long period with out a charger ill carry two batteries

6. Choppers17

Choppers17 Lurker
    None

May 4, 2012
    Yea u got a defective product. I got mine from ebay and they were complete. They are not lasting much longer than the stock battery but they last just a bit longer. For what I use my phone for, one lasts me about 14 hours and I have the other one complete charged just in case I need it. My phone doesn't read the battery temperature though, it gets hot (not as much as the 1500 mah) and it still says 89.6 degrees F but it feels like 100 degrees F.

7. VeNoMzRevenge

VeNoMzRevenge Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Did you try the Felpusi ones? I have 2 of the 1900mah batts, my experience with them is totally different. I am quite pleased with their output so far. Out of the box they were charged about 70% for me.
    They are lasting a few hours longer than stock for me, and that is just what i need to get through the day before i hook up my backup to it. They seemed well built for over sea cheapo batteries.
    It has to be a batch thing.

8. Dracconus

Dracconus Android Enthusiast
    None

May 3, 2012
    Owner/C.E.O. - Tru-Tech Media Design Firm
    Dallas, Tx
    ....sounds like a disgusting name for a body part that shouldn't be related to batteries at all...

But to get back to subject: Buying anything online is always a gamble. Hell I wear a surgical mask, gown, and gloves when opening anything I buy online outside in the open that way I know damn well if something's in it I'm not affected too heavily. I even carry down a complete first aid kit with eye wash, and all kinds of medical grade chemicals; as well as a toolbox with everything from bios tweezers to a sledge hammer.

Buying anything online is a gamble (repetition, I know.) Thinking otherwise will end up VERY bad for you. Be wary, be cautious, and ALWAYS be suspicious!!!

9. KA24DERACER

KA24DERACER Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Sacramento, CA
    This is why I bought one on Ebay for $6. Even if its totally garbage, screw it, its $6. Honestly if I can just get the phone to stop overheating and last an hour or two longer (which at almost 30% more capacity it should) then Ill be happy, and if not, ill try a different brand.

10. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    Good idea when buying after market accessories.....

Get a friend who repairs cellphones and ask them about anything you are interested in before shelling out for a questionable item...

On a side note... just got a 1900 today, we will see how this goes.

11. VeNoMzRevenge

VeNoMzRevenge Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY