• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help just got the phone for $100 but cannot end a call or activate the snooze ,anyone else having those ?

hello
i was so excited about the HTC Wildfire S cuz they had 50% sale on it on black friday , i had the LG Optimus V and i decided to get those phone cuz it had 5 MP camera and for only 100 bucks !

i got the phone on black friday but i am not satisfied with it .
it has so many bugs
*sometimes the touch screen stops responding for no reason
*very low internal memory , and apps take up too much space (like 10MBbs for an app that is only 2Mb
*there is no camera button which makes it hard to take pics , or take pic of yourself .
*it gets very slow sometimes

all that i can ignore but here are my main problems :
*most of the time when i make a phone call i cannot use the "end call" button
i keep clicking and clickin and nothin happens , it happens like 80% of the time.:mad:
* i have to wake up for college and i CANNOT use the "snooze" button , i click on it but nothing happens , the alarm keeps goin , sometimes after like 15 clicks it works but most of the time i have to dismiss it then change the alarm time for 10 more mins so i can sleep !:mad:
*when playing music using the headphones , i suppose that i can pause the music without unlocking the screen , cuz its already shown on the home screen without having to unlock , but same problem here , the play/pause button does not work , but the "previous" and ""next" button work

this is extremely annoying for me , i still have my LG Optimus V and i am considering returning my phone , i dunno if i an return it though (i got it from bestbuy on friday)

anyways if you guys have any thoughts on this or have the same problems i would appreciate your feedback:)

thank you !! :D

I haven't had any of these problems, I love my Wildfire. You should try exchanging it.

i have to wake up for college and i CANNOT use the "snooze" button , i click on it but nothing happens , the alarm keeps goin , sometimes after like 15 clicks it works but most of the time i have to dismiss it then change the alarm time for 10 more mins so i can sleep !:mad:

You should be waking up, not going back to sleep.....

Upvote 0
You will lose everything YOU have done to the phone. But you won't lose any of the factory installed apps.
Basically, you go back in time to the moment when you started up the phone for the first time... :), except for you don't need to re-activate it.
You will lose all your custom settings, all your downloads (idk how paid downloads work, but I guess you can re-download those too). You will lose all your contacts, all your saved logins/passwords, all your updates, except for any firmware updates, those are unaffected.

I actually reset my phone, after messing so much around with the scenes n other stuff, and wanted it back to the original settings.

Settings -> SD & Phone Storage -> Factory Data Reset. I left the Erase SD card unchecked. Lost my contacts, but my music were still there.

I just re-transferred my contacts from the old phone via bluetooth

If that doesn't fix your phone, then I suggest, like El Presidente said, you should return or replace it.

Upvote 0
When linked to your google account, your contacts should be saved (i.e. it will add your contacts automatically when you resync your phone with your google account). It is that way on all the Android phones I have used.
This even applies if you ever switch to a different phone altogether at some later date.
Virgin has a 30 day return policy and a 1 year replacement policy, so if the software fixes/phone resets don't work, I would check into that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones