• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got the upgrade to GB

artbytes

Android Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2011
I got my Infuse the day it came out last May. It has never upgraded the software even though there have been newer versions available. It always would check for updates and then tell me that it had the latest versions of the software. Even after I got Kies Mini, it said that there was an upgrade available, then spent a really long time doing something, before it then said that my phone could not be upgraded. Now it was back to telling me that I had the latest software.

I came across the post that that is linked below. It told how to get GB using a method that bypasses Kies Mini. It didn't take very long, and for the first time, my phone actually upgraded. I now have Firmware version 2.3.6 and Build Number GINGERBREAD.UCKL2.

Samsung Infuse 4G? (i997) - Android 2.3 (Gingerbre... - Page 34 - AT&T Community Support

Go down to message 337.

I wouldn't call it insensitivity. To me it seems the opposite. The haptic feedback sometimes gives me double. The screen seems very responsive. However, typing seems a tad slower. The typing did seem to be very accurate, though. It's just a different feel.

I hadn't read about the insensitivity. Is there a thread that discusses the changes that you could point me to? Thanks.

Upvote 0
They discuss these things in the same forum that the link above points to. They are saying that it is the official upgrade put out by SamSung. No rooting is required. The Odin software is just an easy installer. It works so much quicker than Kies. Just be sure to follow the directions exactly.

The thread is on the ATT forum. ATT is aware of in and following it. It has not been shut down.

Reactions: Egidio
Upvote 0
UCKL2 was the official update, but not anymore. Samsung pulled it, most likely due to the issues that eee present. They're working on newer builds. They leaked a new one recently coded UCLB1, which fixed some of the issues. I don't think that will be the official one yet though, cause people who flashed it had battery life issues.

Anyways, to clarify, there no longer is an official gingerbread update for this phone as of now. Since the Samsung development team is working on new builds, I'm pretty certain it's coming.

Upvote 0
I hadn't read about the insensitivity. Is there a thread that discusses the changes that you could point me to? Thanks.
It's buried in that thread from the AT&T forum that you referenced in your first post. I stopped reading it when the dialogue took a turn for the nasty (prior to the page you posted).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones