• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got the V30

n2bowling

Jun 8, 2012
Greetings,
well, I just got the LG V30 and I haven't had much time with it but so far here is what I have seen. This is just using it at the ATT store for about maybe 7 minutes and maybe 30 minutes at home doing the usual stuff at home with a new phone.

The tag on the box said it was made in march of 2018 so therefore it doesnt have the bad screen ALL, its gorgeous. My first observations was with it right out of the box and not with the Oreo update so I have seen the camera worked very well at the ATT store and at home when I took a walk around my block after dusk.

It was dark so I tried a couple of shots in auto and they were pretty good and then I took a couple of shots in manual using a F-Stop of 1.6 and and iso of 3200 and it was very good, I couldnt believe it.

And this was before the Oreo update which btw, takes about 90 minutes to install at least for me. I did notice that the battery did drain pretty quickly before the update compared to what I have read in the V30 forums so I also read that after the Oreo update the battery was much better, we shall see.

...So far I can tell that the battery is better but it is brand spanking new and it also has to be used a little before maturing. If not I will take this back and get something else, however, I love what I have seen so far and I hope after testing it for a few days everything gets better as I love what I see so far.

I'll post some pictures of different settings when I get used to this a little, I'm very excited about this though, it really is something special...stay tuned!!

Best Regards, Jake

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones