• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got this phone -- Can't turn the volume down

Gunna ask more questions because despite the broken volume button, I like the phone so far.

1) How do I text while on the internet when I don't have a pending message in notifications?

2) Why every time I click to go on the internet it's at the page I was on when I closed out the last time? I'd prefer it to open up and be new and such.

Trying to think of more questions.....

Upvote 0
I have no cover, so my phone has no excuse! Boooo!

You can exchange it at a store right? Make sure you do the cute pouty face at the Metro store you go to, Perhaps they will throw in a free accessory for you and all won't have been lost. Make sure to play the disappointed client! (Gosh I'm bad, I got a free case with both phones I've bought from Metro). XD

Upvote 0
Gunna ask more questions because despite the broken volume button, I like the phone so far.

1) How do I text while on the internet when I don't have a pending message in notifications?

2) Why every time I click to go on the internet it's at the page I was on when I closed out the last time? I'd prefer it to open up and be new and such.

Trying to think of more questions.....

But, I do know that instead of just pressing the hang up button to leave the browser you should find the place where it says "Exit" (Press menu > More > Scroll down to exit). I believe when you bring it back up the next time, It will bring up the homepage. Did you turn off the vibration feedback (Your earlier question)?

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
But, I do know that instead of just pressing the hang up button to leave the browser you should find the place where it says "Exit" (Press menu > More > Scroll down to exit). I believe when you bring it back up the next time, It will bring up the homepage. Did you turn off the vibration feedback (Your earlier question)?

Thanks! I exited completely. I didn't know how to before lol.

And yes the vibration stopped, thank you!

Do you know how to text while on the internet?

Upvote 0
Thanks! I exited completely. I didn't know how to before lol.

And yes the vibration stopped, thank you!

Do you know how to text while on the internet?

Unless I receive the text message through notifications, I can't seem to access it. I always have to leave the web first. Perhaps someone else can figure this out? Anyone?

Upvote 0
Unless I receive the text message through notifications, I can't seem to access it. I always have to leave the web first. Perhaps someone else can figure this out? Anyone?

Nooooooooo please say it isn't sooooooooooo!

Wait, actually that's okay since I can close out the internet and then be on the same page when I reopen it if I want. On my other phone texting on the internet was impossible.

POS Samsung Messager II.

Upvote 0
Nooooooooo please say it isn't sooooooooooo!

Wait, actually that's okay since I can close out the internet and then be on the same page when I reopen it if I want. On my other phone texting on the internet was impossible.

POS Samsung Messager II.

It's not that bad! Besides, If you are texting you aren't really looking at the internet as the text box will take up the whole screen anyways!

Upvote 0
OOOOOOO also. I downloaded LauncherPro, and can't seem to find it in my apps anywhere! But it's running since everything looks different. Why can't I find it?

From the Home screen, hit MENU > PREFERENCES.

Some of us also like GoLauncher EX, so...

If you want to remove LauncherPro for whatever reason, go to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPLICATIONS.

Reactions: septembersrain
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones