• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just had a Random reboot and signal strength is unbelievable!!!

This is the first random reboot and I wasn't doing anything on the phone, it was just next to me at my desk when I felt it vibrate, I looked over and saw the INC reboot screen. I was pissed for a second thinking I was falling into the rando reboot issues but it turns out this was a good thing! Also should clarify that although my signal was apparently weak before I never had call quality issues or anything of that nature

Upvote 0
This is the first random reboot and I wasn't doing anything on the phone, it was just next to me at my desk when I felt it vibrate, I looked over and saw the INC reboot screen. I was pissed for a second thinking I was falling into the rando reboot issues but it turns out this was a good thing! Also should clarify that although my signal was apparently weak before I never had call quality issues or anything of that nature

maybe it was a super stealth update. :)

my call quality has always been perfect. even at home where service is far from being perfect.

Upvote 0
You may have receied a PRL upate that now adds Alltel towers. I believe Alltel is in your area. Here is a thread explaining it http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/77406-bad-phon-reception-how-do-i-change-hybrid-prl.html and Here is a Alltel coverage map:

alltel-coverage-map.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones