• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just installed the Mikg v2.61 rom and..

ok so I recently just rooted my evo. And I love it.but now I want to install a custom rom.But I want my 4g is their a rom that supports 4g.I'd prefer the htc sence 3.0 rom but i heard it dose not have 4g yet.can any one answer this question for me.I have tryed to google it but can't find anything.

Welcome to AF!!! Nowadays pretty much every ROM (except MIUI) has Wimax. Sense 3.0 ROM's *do* have 4G, it's Sense 3.5 you'll want to avoid.

Upvote 0
Before you go through the update, I would check to verify your wimax keys are intact.

That said, radio updates are a bit daunting if you have not done one before but they are really no big deal as long as you are patient. Make sure you have at least 50% battery before you start and do not pull your battery during the flash(you will brick your phone). Start the flash and walk away for a bit. If you do the flashable zip combo, it may look like it is still wiping cache at the bottom when its finished but at the top will be the menu. You should be good to reboot at this time.

Upvote 0
I dont know...the radios freak me out, Im still pretty new and everything I have done this far has worked for me....hate to push it,I probably wouldnt use 4g anyway:eek:

Without fear, you'll have nothing to turn into courage ;). You'll be alright. Just make sure you have a nand with your Wimax keys backed up.

Reactions: RCope48
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones