• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just looked at other Sprint phones last night

I was up at Spring repair store here in Va Beach last night picking my wife's moment up from getting a new charger plug cap installed and I looked at all the other phones out there, comparing on screen keyboards, size width stuff like that, the Intercept that replaced the moment is ok, LG Optimus ...eeeehhhhh onscreen keyboard a little small for my taste, Epic and evo are a little big for the type of phone I want, I'll NEVER use a Blackberry again ( style sux btw ). So basically I like My outdated Sumsung Moment better that even the Transform. Which is about eh only phone I'd consider upgrading to anyway.

Just my 2 Cents here

If you don't mind a large phone, you want the larger Evo 4G with the extended battery. I've been using it frequently for almost 3 days and the battery is still working. I've probably spent 40 minutes on the web sent a bunch of texts and talked on the phone for about 30 minutes and used the hotspot for 15 minutes. Battery is still showing a small green square.

the Shift is the one with the pull-out keyboard, right? That means a smaller battery. The Big Evo now has voice recognition that eliminates a lot of typing for short texts and touch screen buttons are actually big enough for my fingers.

Upvote 0
If you don't mind a large phone, you want the larger Evo 4G with the extended battery. I've been using it frequently for almost 3 days and the battery is still working. I've probably spent 40 minutes on the web sent a bunch of texts and talked on the phone for about 30 minutes and used the hotspot for 15 minutes. Battery is still showing a small green square.

the Shift is the one with the pull-out keyboard, right? That means a smaller battery. The Big Evo now has voice recognition that eliminates a lot of typing for short texts and touch screen buttons are actually big enough for my fingers.

actually, the evo and the evo shift use the same size battery

Upvote 0
I picked up an Epic last weekend since 2.2 was officially coming. I had none of the issues reported that cause them to pull the update and I have never been happier. I still have my moment and keep it with me during the day as I have a lot of game data still on it as well as I am still testing for 2.2 on the moment. It works really well still and I certainly have no complaints about it. I like it better than anything else on the Sprint Lineup besides the Epic.

Upvote 0
After all of the Moments issues including the never resolved radio problem and a froyo update for the Epic that even though delayed by more than 5 months(!!!) is still buggy enough to be put on hold a day after release? I couldn't in all conscience recommend a Samsung smartphone to anyone. The Epic will be the last Samsung phone we buy for quite a while. Certainly, not until I see concrete and prolonged proof that they've changed their evil ways.

Upvote 0
I'm starting my search for a replacement too. My Moment email connections problems have gotten worse with my phone. I use Handcent for text messaging too and I think the later versions have really taxed the Moment's processor. I can be using it and the phone rings but takes forever for the screen to finally show who's calling.

Phone seems so laggy now if using handcent.

I desire the pop out QWERTY keyboard too but the EVO 4G on screen one might have to do.

Maybe something better will show up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones