1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just looked at other Sprint phones last night

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wolfen1086, Feb 9, 2011.

1. wolfen1086

wolfen1086 Lurker

I was up at Spring repair store here in Va Beach last night picking my wife's moment up from getting a new charger plug cap installed and I looked at all the other phones out there, comparing on screen keyboards, size width stuff like that, the Intercept that replaced the moment is ok, LG Optimus ...eeeehhhhh onscreen keyboard a little small for my taste, Epic and evo are a little big for the type of phone I want, I'll NEVER use a Blackberry again ( style sux btw ). So basically I like My outdated Sumsung Moment better that even the Transform. Which is about eh only phone I'd consider upgrading to anyway.

Just my 2 Cents here

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

3. roadster

roadster Well-Known Member

I hear ya stuck with what we have, gotten used to or getting

4. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Android Expert

I agree. Had the shift had a front facing camera I may have but what both the shift and transform lack are a individual number row. I love that about my monet and that is why i haven't changed yet. I have had my upgrade since november and get to keep it after april 1st so at this point I am just waiting to see what else comes out.

5. ned23

ned23 Member

If you don't mind a large phone, you want the larger Evo 4G with the extended battery. I've been using it frequently for almost 3 days and the battery is still working. I've probably spent 40 minutes on the web sent a bunch of texts and talked on the phone for about 30 minutes and used the hotspot for 15 minutes. Battery is still showing a small green square.

the Shift is the one with the pull-out keyboard, right? That means a smaller battery. The Big Evo now has voice recognition that eliminates a lot of typing for short texts and touch screen buttons are actually big enough for my fingers.

6. roadster

roadster Well-Known Member

I will still wait for a newer phone release than go to the same issues. a qwert KB is my needs, anda longer, extended battery with talk andend button, not touch talk touch end key

7. edp

edp Android Enthusiast

actually, the evo and the evo shift use the same size battery

8. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Android Expert

I picked up an Epic last weekend since 2.2 was officially coming. I had none of the issues reported that cause them to pull the update and I have never been happier. I still have my moment and keep it with me during the day as I have a lot of game data still on it as well as I am still testing for 2.2 on the moment. It works really well still and I certainly have no complaints about it. I like it better than anything else on the Sprint Lineup besides the Epic.

9. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

After all of the Moments issues including the never resolved radio problem and a froyo update for the Epic that even though delayed by more than 5 months(!!!) is still buggy enough to be put on hold a day after release? I couldn't in all conscience recommend a Samsung smartphone to anyone. The Epic will be the last Samsung phone we buy for quite a while. Certainly, not until I see concrete and prolonged proof that they've changed their evil ways.

10. BamaInArk

BamaInArk Member

I'm starting my search for a replacement too. My Moment email connections problems have gotten worse with my phone. I use Handcent for text messaging too and I think the later versions have really taxed the Moment's processor. I can be using it and the phone rings but takes forever for the screen to finally show who's calling.

Phone seems so laggy now if using handcent.

I desire the pop out QWERTY keyboard too but the EVO 4G on screen one might have to do.

Maybe something better will show up.

Samsung Moment Forum

The Samsung Moment release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1440mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews