1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just making sure

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iheartboobies, Sep 9, 2011.

1. iheartboobies

iheartboobies Newbie

I've been wanting/needing to root my Thunderbolt since release but I just haven't done it yet..but I'm planning on doing it today. I've had 2 rooted phones before(so I'm not a TOTAL n00b), but I've never flashed a custom rom or anything. Just to actually have full access of my phone & get rid of bloatware.
    Just wondering if I root my TB & never have a custom rom/kernel, anything, can I still download OTA updates/ Gingerbread? I'm sure the answer is everywhere on here but I just want to really make sure because if I messed up my TB I'd probably sh*t my pants for all of eternity.
    I will be using the easy root method this evening. Thanks in advance. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

you can still accept OTAs if you reinstall the stock recovery after flashing superuser in a custom recovery. after the OTA,youll need to reinstall a custom recovery,then reflash superuserm,as the OTA will break root.

the great thing about rooting with revolutionary is that it will permanently stay s-off,so youll always be able to install a recovery and root,no matter what you do.

recoveries are available here: http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/399960-radios-recoveries-hboot.html

they are installed in hboot by renaming PG05IMG.

id suggest also checking out this thread,lots of info on flashing roms,flashing in hboot,etc.: http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/353591-how-some-root-terminology.html

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews