1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Just moved and Sprint is terrible... need out!

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by bmadd2402, Jul 25, 2011.

1. bmadd2402

bmadd2402 Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    I recently moved to the Lower Alabama region (work), and went from loving Sprint, to HATING it. dropped calls, loss of data coverage, POOR reception, etc. I called and asked if they could let me out of the contract and they said no, but did drop the termination fees significantly. I've been a customer for years, and always paid my bills, have 4 lines, and would continue to stay with sprint if it weren't for the poor coverage this neck of the woods.

Is there anything I can do or say, any angle to work, to get out of this contract free and clear? I honestly feel like I don't have the coverage I am paying for. I feel they are not keeping up their end of our contract, and I should get out. Any advice is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. FCGuy1579

FCGuy1579 Member
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Since you say you've been a customer for awhile, ask if you can get what is called the Airave. I was able to get mine for free since I've been with them for awhile. Call this number, it's their technical service-1-800-777-4681. It works off your internet connection at home and give you a perfect signal and a real nice data signal as well. You can even set it so that only phones that you want can connect to it.

la sal and bmadd2402 like this.
  3. bmadd2402

bmadd2402 Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    That is great for home, but literally driving down the street you go in and out of coverage. It is a dead AREA vs a dead spot. The did offer that to us also, but we live on a military base, and I'm not sure we are allowed to have stuff like that , not sure though. Thanks for the quick reply!

4. FCGuy1579

FCGuy1579 Member
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Ah OK, that sucks that your whole area is a dead zone, at least if you can use the Airave you will be reachable on your cell but other than that I'm not sure what you can do.

5. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    Nope. You just have to suck it up or pay the fee.
    In 6 months you wont care.

6. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    if you are rooted..

you can search for the Verizon mod.. to force your phone to roam on verizon 100% of the time..

this will help to make your service better.. if verizon has good service there.
    and will start to cost sprint $$$.. after a few months..
    they will terminate your contract. No EFT.. normally.

la sal likes this.
  7. evolution3d

evolution3d Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    Sprint Technician
    If hes in a complete dead spot the phone should be able to connect to verizons service anyways... unless his roaming settings are not setup correctly.

8. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    or could be low.. but not low enough disconnect...
    bouncing off and on.. always looking signal

9. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert
    None

May 4, 2010
    Pay the ETF and move on. If you can't get service, fighting angrily won't help.

I would suggest asking the next 800# CSR you can talk who can you appeal to. They will see that you haven't been able to make calls and changes in your pattern of use.

I don't believe Sprint or any company won't consider a reasonable appeal. They may ask/tell you cannot reapply for an account for 6-12 months, but that hardly seems the case. Just tell them you don't want to be coded/considered a bad customer in whatever records they keep.

Another option (if you can tolerate the thought) would be to get another no-contract phone just to handle the odd situation. I don't know if any of the no-contract phones under Sprint names would work, but you could even ask them to give you one of those instead of an Airave since you need it for calls outside your home.

I hope once you start showing your real situation, Sprint will consider. I don't believe it's ever good to penalize customers trying to make an effort.

Then again, I did have a large-screen TV maker spend $18k (over 4 repair attempts) to fix a $5k TV, only to have it get to the company President who apologized and sent a new, top-end replacement (which cost less than my original unit - love how technology prices fall off a cliff after the tech becomes a standard) with a delivery team that included a customer installer. I just asked them to replace the TV after I found out each attempt was costing more than the new TV set. They didn't want to, but since it was under warranty had to.

Some times it just takes a different, more reasonable set of eyes and with more authority to get what you need and makes sense. Be nice, be patient, and be persistent. I predict Sprint will release you without any additional penalties.

10. chawski

chawski Android Enthusiast
    None

May 19, 2010
    another thing with sprint is if you call and dont get an answer you find satisfactory, just call back in an hour. your last call will be noted, but might get someone else on the phone willing to help or escalate it to someone who is willing/authorized to help