1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General just my thoughts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by artaxerxes, Oct 22, 2011.

1. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 2, 2011
    You probably don't hear this much here, but I love my phone. It's pretty fast, and has great screen (I can see and read it in full sun). Sure it has a few bugs, but I've been around computers long enough that they don't bother me. Since I got 2.3.4 some of those bugs have been rectified. For example, my phone doesn't heat up (or very little) for web browsing, CPU or GPU intensive apps, etc. any more. I love the fact you can rip out the battery when necessary (fun!). Love the HDMI and USB ports, as I use them a great deal. Good camera. Although my phone rebooted while browsing the web just the other day, and that was my first reboot that I didn't intentionally cause (i.e. the phone freaked out apparently). After appx. 15 hrs. of use I'm down to about 50% or 60%, sometimes 40% battery life. I use it pretty heavily.

Anyway. Sorry this post is so long, but I just want to let you know that there is at least one person who is satisfied with this phone. There are a several other things I like about this phone, but this is getting a little lengthy.

Advertisement

coolpoete likes this.
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

I'm with you, artaxerxes. [​IMG]

3. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast
    None

I also like my phone. (Now that 2.3.4 is running on it) I came from 7 Droid X's. They finally let me get into the X2 after having so many problems. When I first got the X2 I wasn't impressed. In fact, I wanted my X back. After rumors of 2.3.4 being on the way I decided to stay put and wait it out. Very good decision on my part. 2.3.4 fixed most of the problems I was having. It now runs great. I think I have only had one reboot since the update last month. I still wish it had a dedicated camera button, I feel that was a ******ed move removing it. But overall I am super happy with it now. :) Here is to hoping for ICS(I know it is wishful thinking lol) Prolly not even a .000001 chance, but still :)

4. coolpoete

coolpoete Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    The pessimist in me says that Motorola will want to move people into newer devices like the Razr so they might not develop ICS for this phone but it's too early to tell. I'm a bit optimistic that HTC made the announcement that they will bump eligible devices up to ICS. This tells me it's doable for other Gingerbread devices. So, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Yeah, that ^ sounds right.. but I still find myself searching around trying to find the oldest device being promised/provided Ice Cream Sammich.

And of course, how many Motorolas.

6. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    I've become a big fan of this phone. I never had the overheating problem, and my reboots are far and few between. This is my second Android, my first being the Ascend. Huge leap, there. I can't help but think the complainers must have been expecting perfection. Me? I am more than satisfied with what I got. I picked it up with a clean ESN and less than a month of use from an Ebayer for under 300, and don't need a contract from Verizon for my service. I even got phone insurance.
    The only problem I have is that I can't figure out how to break 5000 on Antutu. :)

7. coolpoete

coolpoete Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
  8. dmodert66

dmodert66 Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    Project Manager
    Southern California
    I agree with you OP. I've had a few hicups here and there, but overall I really like the X2. That said, I'm going to give Samsung a try and grab the Galaxy Nexus (I really want 4G and it's in my area now). My brother is pretty happy to as he will get my X2 :)