• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just ordered an orange z3 compact

I've been using the phone for a few days and my verdict is i'm struggling to find a bad thing to say about it!
The orange is quite a nice deep colour and really looks nice- glad i chose it and the phone really has some nice contrasts/detail such as the side panels and big black panel at the front which stop it from looking like a tacky orange block!
Battery life is great, lasts me all day even with a lots of gaming, video and just general intensive usage.
Screen looks lovely and punchy, detail is still very good and unless side by side with a 1080p beast you'll soon forget its 720p- honestly, i already have.
Its also much better in direct sunlight than my xperia z.
Stereo speakers are very nice and clear and really can go to quite a high level!
Camera is quick to use and takes some really good pictures- so far i've just used the automatic/superior auto mode.
Theres also some new gimmicky stuff from sony with the camera and a couple of new apps like lifelog- not sure which i will use and which i willl hide but its easy to get rid of the bloat and have a largely stock android experiance if thats what you want.
I personally like a lot of sony's touches and theme implimentation so its not going anywhere.
Any questions then ask as i'm still fiddling with it to see what other little tweaks sony have made on the z3 compared with my old Z.

Upvote 0
I received mine today from Clove. Ported number over to TMobile from Verizon. The jerks at VZ discontinued my employer discount, see ya VZ.
As for the Z3C, I'm loving the fit and finish over my Sammy Galaxy S3 plastic phone. Gonna need a couple of days with the Sony for the final verdict. So far, so good.:D

Upvote 0
I received mine today from Clove. Ported number over to TMobile from Verizon. The jerks at VZ discontinued my employer discount, see ya VZ.
As for the Z3C, I'm loving the fit and finish over my Sammy Galaxy S3 plastic phone. Gonna need a couple of days with the Sony for the final verdict. So far, so good.:D

So does your imported z3c have WiFi calling on t-mobile? I love that feature on t-mobile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones