1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

just ordered desire on 3 and im so excited!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jezbear43, Jul 3, 2010.

1. jezbear43

jezbear43 Member

Jul 3, 2010
    its coming tuesday!!!.

Advertisement

2. jeremy_inc

jeremy_inc Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    London, UK
    there are non 3rd party skype and msn apps?

3. ScottyPro

ScottyPro Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Washington, Tyne & Wear
    Skype on Three can be had from here.

connect via your phone through 3G and NOT WiFi

4. jezbear43

jezbear43 Member

Jul 3, 2010
    i think skype and messenger on 3 have a 10000 per month fair usage policy.i use em on my n95 but it doesent come out of your 1gb internet allowance.and i use wifi at home.im on the net at work about 5 hrs a day and ive never exceeded yet,mainly on youtube and message boards like this!.

5. lekky

lekky Lover

sweet deal man, very well done!

6. beyond

beyond Guest

How did you sell you n95 8gig for 100plus?! I wanna sell mine too but can only get 90odd on mazuma.

7. fatmabuy

fatmabuy Member

May 23, 2010
    UK
    watttt...how you manage that deal I played the same card yet im paying 29pound for 900 mins and the thing is I always go over my limit...ah man i wish i negotiated more

8. Kendoji

Kendoji Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    That sounds very cheap - is it a ten year contract? :p

9. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Poker
    Strathaven
  10. jezbear43

jezbear43 Member

Jul 3, 2010
    oh no here comes the hassle.rang up this morning because i renewed 2 contracts,1 for me and 1 for my wife.decided i didnt like her phone after thinking about it last night so rang 333 to see if i could change the phone before its shipped.she says ok and brings up all my options and then says "oh it looks like you took this out through a 3rd party dealer.you will have to ring them up".gives me the number and i hang up.i ring the number up and its not recognised!!.now ive had an important 3 person ring up concerned and hes asked for 48 hrs to sort it out.apparently it is a dealer who they dont have dealings with anymore and hes offered a deal that doesnt exist.it will be costing me

11. jezbear43

jezbear43 Member

Jul 3, 2010
    forgot to say the deal was done after i had rung 333 initially and took the option where you say you are thinking of leaving 3.was talking for quite a while before i got disconnected.literally a minute later i had a phonecall on my home phone saying it was 3 and offering me the deal so i naturally assumed it was the official 3 sales team.thats pretty bad isnt it.how can they intercept like that??.must be illegal surely?

12. LordTakyon

LordTakyon Active Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Kent
    If you contacted them and they passed you onto someone then surely it is their problem and not yours?

I won't even get started about the way O2 are treating me. I have several high price contracts with them, have spent about

13. Mik3h

Mik3h Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
  14. wullie1967

wullie1967 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    glasgow
    the deal i had with my c902 was 12 a month so they done me a deall were i still pay that but give them 230 up front it works out 200 pound cheaper than paying 28 pound a month its just paying the 230 up front but they gave me 2 months to pay it and thats htc desire 750 mins 150 txt 5 pound free down loads unlim internet cant beat that deal and that fone is the best fone out there (3 network)

15. dan44762000

dan44762000 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    self employed
    swansea

16. jezbear43

jezbear43 Member

Jul 3, 2010
    oh yes!!!.the phones have just arrived bang on 2 0 clock like the text message promised this morning but first i rang up to find out what their investigations uncovered.after all my worries it was a member of their internal sales team and he had done the deals and applied a loyalty bonus which wasnt showing when i rang back lateron saturday!!!!.the salesman was authorised and both deals were 100% ok.i have now been assured that i am getting them at that price and sorry for any confusion!.

htc desire black graphite
    5000 3 to 3 calls
    5000 text messages
    500 mb internet
    2000 landlines
    100 picture mails
    300 to other mobiles

for

17. LRMaggot

LRMaggot Active Member

May 10, 2010
    I was very lucky with my Desire deal. I went to the local 3Store on my birthday at the beginning of May and said I was after a Desire but didn't want to spend more than

18. jezbear43

jezbear43 Member

Jul 3, 2010
    well much as i liked my desire after nearly 3 weeks ive rung up 3 customer services and asked to change my phone.as much as it had great things in its favour the one thing thats stuck out like a sore thumb is the speaker.i cant live with that for 2 years!.i read so many reviews before i bought the phone but i never noticed anything about sound quality or volume.for me it wrecks a superb product.so now ive got a galaxy s coming tomorrow before 1.it might not be as good but i know i will be able to hear it!!.its a real shame.

19. JsT

JsT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I really need to ring 3 and see if I can get myself this free extra internet allowance that's being given out at the moment!

20. ThreeDog

ThreeDog Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    the 3 network is one of the best in the uk but their sales and after sales care is utter tripe. you can ring one of their operators and arrange a deal and next time you ring them up they apparently have no idea or record of ever making such a deal.
    iv'e had my fill with their crap over the years so i'm looking else where.

21. JsT

JsT Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    The main service isn't brilliant but I've found once it gets escalated it quickly gets solved.

22. sirlisterof smeg

Jul 24, 2010
    Tried calling 3 after reading posts on here about people getting an extra 2gig internet allowance for free.
    They were really adamant that if i wanted extra i would have to buy their

23. ThreeDog

ThreeDog Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    well your one of the lucky ones there than mate.

i got a Desire last week and it worked pretty well for a few days but i had a load of missed calls and the service was dropping all the time.

i rang 3 and they said ok the sim you have is too old ( it's like 7 years old or there abouts ). you need a new sim. we will send your new sim in the post now and you will have it by tomorrow.

well now it's Saturday and the sim is not here after 8 days and the bloody fools turned my old sim off as they said we cant keep your old sim active after we have shipped a new one.

so here i am with one of the best phones on the market and those morons at 3g have switched off my contract sim for 8 days while i wait for them to send out a new one. all the time i'm still paying for a service i'm not receiving. not only that but when i rang them last night they said they had no record of the initial call. it took them a hour to acknowledge the initial call.
    after that i told them to shove it i'll just cancel my contract and they offered me a fiver off my bill.

seriously there pathetic.

24. Rew

Rew Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    North East UK
    Even when you get your new sim it could take up to 24hr to activate.

This happened to me, after about 36 hours I rang them up and they said they needed the IMEI number before they could activate it. Just wish they'd mentioned it before :rolleyes:

25. siris10

siris10 Member

May 28, 2010
    3 will give the 2gb internet add on for free if you complain enough. I called them as when i bought my phone a couple of months ago the said it was unlimited data however they changed it down to 500mb. I complained and afetr about 20 minutes they gave me the 2gb add on free for the duration of the contract. It took a while but was worth it.

Tags: