1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Just ordered off Amazon. Root worth it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BurnsideAdmiral, May 9, 2012.

1. BurnsideAdmiral

None

Dec 19, 2010
    I have my DX rooted and have only ever used Fab's ROMs and themes. I liked them because they're sleek, got rid of all the bloatware and blur and the black and white theme was more my style. Other than that I didn't really use too many apps that required root and used the wireless tether a few times to take an online test for school when in the car on my laptop. To my understanding there isn't a whole lot of root stuff out for the Maxx yet. Should I wait until ICS or root it now and then just factory reset it when ICS comes out? I have a habit of not keeping up on updates for my phones (flashing back and forth and getting the OTA updates). Pretty sure my DX is 4-5 versions behind lol.

Advertisement

2. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast
    None

Rooting now a days is so simple, I can do it lol, with DroidRAZRUtility it is plug and click. Root, unroot, does wonders. I am rooted but stay stock and use ADW launcher. I don't flash roms or anything. I would just root and unroot when the time comes. Or use voodoo root keeper.

3. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
  4. srq2625

srq2625 Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    While battery is less an issue than it might be, having all the VZN bloat just makes my skin crawl. Rooting and then being able to use Titanium to freeze anything that is running that I don't want to be running is really nice. I gotta think being able to freeze all that bloat from loading and running has got to be a good thing! :) It took me about 4 days to get that list "just right" for me and I think the phone is running a bit snappier.

My list of running apps is less than 20 and the cached list, while long, is not bad - especially with all the memory on the phone - not much (if any) swapping.

5. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast
    None

This is exactly one of the main reasons I root. TB is awesome. I get my phone replaced often(every little thing I find wrong with it, I get a refurb'd sent my way) and TB puts everything right back on there & i don't lose progress on my games and stuff. And freezing all the Verizon crap is awesome as well.