1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Just ordered one - Nova launcher question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gjkiii, Dec 5, 2013.

1. gjkiii

gjkiii Member

If I install the nova launcher when I receive my phone will I lose anything cool from the stock launcher? Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lona808

Lona808 Well-Known Member

You will lose the transparent navigation and status bars, and you will also lose the Google Now page, along with the "Ok Google" hotword.

3. SAL8116

SAL8116 Android Enthusiast

I know Nova is running beta translucent bar, do we know when that's going live permanently?

4. steveu694

steveu694 Android Enthusiast

I'm running beta on my Nexus 7. It's very stable.

5. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

I run Nova Launcher and, while I'm looking forward to the pdate, I don't feel I'm missing anything important. OK Google is cute, but a battery suck. ;)

6. Lona808

Lona808 Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing great battery life with OK Google. But I turn off location history and trackins and auto sync, etc. Basically nothing runs without me doing it manually.

7. Ranhead

Ranhead Android Enthusiast

+1 ..... stable on N5 too

8. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert

if you use black wallpaper you can't tell the difference. it looks translucent.

9. vandyman

vandyman Android Expert

I am using Nova (beta) on my N5 and have been using Nova on my Gnex for 2 years. And I also use Go SMS instead of Hangouts.

Google is starting to get a little pushy with its apps. To many for my liking.
    Who needs hangouts and G+,, GEEZ..:p

10. SAL8116

SAL8116 Android Enthusiast

Notification bar was fixed last night with Nova's update.

The navigation bar (where the home button back buttons are) has not been fixed.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews