1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Just ordered over the phone, but found something interesting...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by imronburgundy, Jul 15, 2010.

1. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Sorry if there's another post on this already... After realizing that Best Buy wasn't going to honor the early upgrade that Verizon promised, I called Verizon to do my early upgrade. Well, the guy started off telling me that since my upgrade date is the end of August and my contract date is 12/30/10, that I'd have to pay full price for the phone. I then proceeded to tell him that Verizon said anyone with a contract end date in 2010 can upgrade early... He said "let me check that" then proceeded to come back and tell me that I am eligible. So he was going to let me just pay the full price if I didn't know any better?

Advertisement

2. Lurkr

Lurkr Active Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Graduate Student/Slave
    Middle of Nowhere, VA
    Some of the CSRs are definitely less informed than most---I also get the feeling it doesn't show up automatically in their system. When I was at the counter last night, the rep next to me (working with another guy) had my guy help him. It was basically along the lines of:

Other rep:"Okay, everyone who could upgrade in 2010 is eligible, right?"
    my guy: "yup"
    other rep:"okay....how do I get that in here?"

my guy proceeding to mess with his station for a sec then all was well.....
    I could be totally wrong, but that's just how it seemed to me.

3. Kimasu

Kimasu Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Did anyone else who ordered over the phone have to pay $299 and mail in the rebate?

I just placed my order over the phone and that's what the rep told me. I told her that contradicted what the last rep told me, that I could get the rebate instantly, and she basically said "too bad".

4. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    That was my exact experience yesterday. I was scouting my options at the time as I knew I wasn't going to be able to order till today.

5. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Mine was an instant rebate. Only problem is that it was shipped 2 day fedex, which means it could possibly get here Monday instead of tomorrow. :( No potential playing around this weekend for me.

6. elecga

elecga Active Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I was told that I have to use the mail in rebate also, even though I ordered over the phone. Not a big deal for me since they also moved up my NE2 date by 2 months. After everything it will come to $99 plus tax and free overnight shipping. The only issue was he had to apply a $100 credit to my next bill instead of taking it off the phone so they are charging $300 to my bill today, -$100 off next month's bill, -$100 mail in rebate.