1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Just ordered through letstalk.com

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DIKZILLA, Sep 10, 2011.

1. incomeraise

incomeraise Newbie
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    i was going to pay 209 2 days ago because i was switching an individual plan to a family line! but today i checked and the price was down to 199.99 with 36 free activation fees and 20% off the phone came to be $95so i am happy for sure

Advertisement

2. incomeraise

incomeraise Newbie
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    yeah also she said i d be getting the phone on monday because they wouldnt ship it before friday suckssss

3. moidawn

moidawn Newbie
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    Sprint should give external stores the go-ahead for shipping so that customers can be up and running on release day. They know that if they refrain then they'll make more money from those who are willing to pay to have the phone for 2 days longer than everyone else. Yeah, totally sucks!

4. tanginamoapple

None

Sep 13, 2011
    Paying $79 is definitely worth the wait......

iwillfearnoevil likes this.
  5. pappabacon

pappabacon Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Southern California
    They aren't taking orders for it anymore. Methinks they got in over their head on this deal.

6. NSXLA

NSXLA Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 4, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Has any one gotten a tracking number from lettalks YET?

7. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Hybla Valley, Va
    Mines didn't even change to shipping yet. I feel like they will change it tomorrow but still. Kind of makes me uncomfortable.

8. moidawn

moidawn Newbie
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    Same here. I emailed customer service and they haven't answered. NOT IMPRESSED.

9. eyecon82

eyecon82 Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    im glad i went with wirefly instead...placed my order 24 hours ago and its in the mail shipping to me tomm

10. moidawn

moidawn Newbie
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    Excellent! I am so annoyed, I have tried twice to chat with them today... no luck, the link took me straight to email. I emailed this morning but they haven't answered. I called and have now been on hold for 20 minutes. I may cancel my order with letstalk and wait until Oct 2 to upgrade so that I can get on the new 20 month upgrade schedule.

11. moidawn

moidawn Newbie
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    After numerous attempts I finally got through on chat and cancelled my order. I wasn't comfortable with the lack of communication about my order status with letstalk.

12. AndroidifyMe

None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Hybla Valley, Va
    I'm sure I'll get the phone from them but it'll be the last time I order from them.

13. pappabacon

None

Sep 11, 2011
    Southern California
    I just can't help but wonder if they got overwhelmed by their deal. I emailed them twice and never heard back. I finally got through to chat today and they said they couldn't tell me when it would ship. I'm not in the biggest hurry in the world to get the phone, but come on. They also stopped preselling them, which also makes me think they bit off more than they could chew here. The $99 price point will make it easier to wait (but only till about Wednesday at the latest ;) )

14. moidawn

moidawn Newbie
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    Yes, I agree, I think that's exactly what happened.

15. AndroidifyMe

None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Hybla Valley, Va
    We shall see tomorrow if things move forward.

16. moidawn

moidawn Newbie
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    The person I chatted with said the first phones out would go to the people who put the first orders in. I do think a lot of people will have their phones mailed tomorrow. I just didn't want to wait to see if mine would be one of them or not.

17. militaryman

militaryman Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2009
    Both of my LETSTALK orders status updated to say "BACKORDERED" estimated availability "19 SEP 2011"

:(

18. AndroidifyMe

None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Hybla Valley, Va
    Mine says the same thing. They clearly don't know to take care of business. You don't hear wirefly being backordered. How the hell are you backoedered & the phone wasn't technically out yet. You take orders that match your for sure expected qty of stock & cut it off when your limit is reached, then replenish. I knew we weren't going to hear nothing from them until launch day. I'm either going through Sprint or wirefly next time. Letstalk is horrible with customer service & business.

19. NSXLA

NSXLA Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 4, 2009
    Los Angeles
    moidawn likes this.
  20. AndroidifyMe

None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Hybla Valley, Va
    I'm about to cancel a well. I'm ordering through Sprint and I'm sure I'll get it the next day a always. I'm still paying the upgrade price. It's funny their site is crashing when I want to cancel.

21. tanginamoapple

None

Sep 13, 2011
    Back ordered! WTF!

22. AndroidifyMe

None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Hybla Valley, Va
    Okay, I just canceled my order and just ordered through Sprint online using my upgrade. I'm pretty sure I can expect it tomorrow. Even if I don't I know I can definitely get it on Monday, where as LetsTalk will replenish on Monday and I would actually get the phone Wednesday. They tried to say the "overnight" shipping method was at a high demand. I guess it was if all your methods were free smh. They are not smart at all. I'm sure if I would of stuck with them they would of been out of contact until Monday. I could of saved $45 (154.99). It's all good. 212 isn't bad. That's what I am used to paying yearly. If I ever try a third party again it will be WireFly, or just Sprint. It's funny because as soon as I canceled I received an email saying my order was canceled before I even got off the phone with them. Luckily they didn't take any money out of my account anyways since they took so long, so I didn't have to wait a few days for it to get back in my account. That's why I just went on and ordered from Sprint.

23. Exit24

Exit24 Member
    None

May 22, 2011
    You probably didn't have to wait to get any money back because they didn't even get that far into the order process yet, lol. At least it wasn't a pain to cancel.

24. p0tential

p0tential Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2011
    I am not happy. I called LetsTalk on the 14th around 7pm to inquire about placing an order. I said I would call back to confirm and have the necessary information. She told me she would do a "pre-checkout" for me to provide an order number so that I could retain my spot in the que to receive a phone. I called back around 10pm to complete the order. I was told the phones where IN STOCK and I was guaranteed that mine was being packed for shipping that night to ship the next day. I checked my order status the next day (the 15th; which is the day they had advertised on their website that they would start shipping) online and it said that I was still trying to get carrier authorization. I called the rep back and she told me that it was all taken care of and that I'm ready for shipping. She proceeded to tell me that the Sprint would not allow them to ship the phones that day since the release date on the phone is the 16th. While understandable, this is still false advertising since the date they advertised for shipping was the 15th. I checked my order online today (the 16th; release day) and it shows "back-ordered" with no expected date of shipment. I called again and they told me that they did not receive the phones. I am livid beyond belief that I was deliberately lied to. I order from this site specifically because of the advertise Sep 15th ship date.

On top of it; my friend placed his order a few minutes after me when I called to complete the order. There is at least a 3 hour difference in the times the orders were put into the system and his order status page shows him an expected ship date of the 19th while my order status page does not give an expected ship date.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm so angry right now but feel I don't have many options. This was the cheapest price on the phone ($149.99 - 20% off = $119.01). I saved about $115 verses buying it in the store when you factor in activation and tax. I want the phone as soon as possible considering I paid money for it and was promised the device in a certain time frame. But, I currently have the EVO 4G so life isn't going to end if I'm forced to wait.

Needless to say, if it wasn't for saving such a huge amount, I would never purchase from LetsTalk again.

25. pappabacon

None

Sep 11, 2011
    Southern California
    I am just going to wait. I want this phone, and the $99 price point is too good to pass up. Sprint wants $199 for the phone, even for a new line, and everywhere else is back up to $149. It is terrible customer service on their part. Here is my email with them:

So we'll see what happens next week. At this point I feel like saving the $50 and waiting it out, but I don't know how long that will last.

Here is the 2nd round of emails: