• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just ordered through letstalk.com

im glad i went with wirefly instead...placed my order 24 hours ago and its in the mail shipping to me tomm

Excellent! I am so annoyed, I have tried twice to chat with them today... no luck, the link took me straight to email. I emailed this morning but they haven't answered. I called and have now been on hold for 20 minutes. I may cancel my order with letstalk and wait until Oct 2 to upgrade so that I can get on the new 20 month upgrade schedule.

Upvote 0
I'm sure I'll get the phone from them but it'll be the last time I order from them.

I just can't help but wonder if they got overwhelmed by their deal. I emailed them twice and never heard back. I finally got through to chat today and they said they couldn't tell me when it would ship. I'm not in the biggest hurry in the world to get the phone, but come on. They also stopped preselling them, which also makes me think they bit off more than they could chew here. The $99 price point will make it easier to wait (but only till about Wednesday at the latest ;) )

Upvote 0
I just can't help but wonder if they got overwhelmed by their deal. I emailed them twice and never heard back. I finally got through to chat today and they said they couldn't tell me when it would ship. I'm not in the biggest hurry in the world to get the phone, but come on. They also stopped preselling them, which also makes me think they bit off more than they could chew here. The $99 price point will make it easier to wait (but only till about Wednesday at the latest ;) )
Yes, I agree, I think that's exactly what happened.

Upvote 0
Both of my LETSTALK orders status updated to say "BACKORDERED" estimated availability "19 SEP 2011"

:(

Mine says the same thing. They clearly don't know to take care of business. You don't hear wirefly being backordered. How the hell are you backoedered & the phone wasn't technically out yet. You take orders that match your for sure expected qty of stock & cut it off when your limit is reached, then replenish. I knew we weren't going to hear nothing from them until launch day. I'm either going through Sprint or wirefly next time. Letstalk is horrible with customer service & business.

Upvote 0
I placed an order on the 11th for two phones and mine was back ordered as well - I canceled, WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN - Everyone should post bad reviews on Store Ratings & Reviews - ResellerRatings.com - Find Trusted Stores or even file a report on bbb.org

bastards!

I'm about to cancel a well. I'm ordering through Sprint and I'm sure I'll get it the next day a always. I'm still paying the upgrade price. It's funny their site is crashing when I want to cancel.

Upvote 0
Okay, I just canceled my order and just ordered through Sprint online using my upgrade. I'm pretty sure I can expect it tomorrow. Even if I don't I know I can definitely get it on Monday, where as LetsTalk will replenish on Monday and I would actually get the phone Wednesday. They tried to say the "overnight" shipping method was at a high demand. I guess it was if all your methods were free smh. They are not smart at all. I'm sure if I would of stuck with them they would of been out of contact until Monday. I could of saved $45 (154.99). It's all good. 212 isn't bad. That's what I am used to paying yearly. If I ever try a third party again it will be WireFly, or just Sprint. It's funny because as soon as I canceled I received an email saying my order was canceled before I even got off the phone with them. Luckily they didn't take any money out of my account anyways since they took so long, so I didn't have to wait a few days for it to get back in my account. That's why I just went on and ordered from Sprint.

Upvote 0
Okay, I just canceled my order and just ordered through Sprint online using my upgrade. I'm pretty sure I can expect it tomorrow. Even if I don't I know I can definitely get it on Monday, where as LetsTalk will replenish on Monday and I would actually get the phone Wednesday. They tried to say the "overnight" shipping method was at a high demand. I guess it was if all your methods were free smh. They are not smart at all. I'm sure if I would of stuck with them they would of been out of contact until Monday. I could of saved $45 (154.99). It's all good. 212 isn't bad. That's what I am used to paying yearly. If I ever try a third party again it will be WireFly, or just Sprint. It's funny because as soon as I canceled I received an email saying my order was canceled before I even got off the phone with them. Luckily they didn't take any money out of my account anyways since they took so long, so I didn't have to wait a few days for it to get back in my account. That's why I just went on and ordered from Sprint.

You probably didn't have to wait to get any money back because they didn't even get that far into the order process yet, lol. At least it wasn't a pain to cancel.

Upvote 0
I am not happy. I called LetsTalk on the 14th around 7pm to inquire about placing an order. I said I would call back to confirm and have the necessary information. She told me she would do a "pre-checkout" for me to provide an order number so that I could retain my spot in the que to receive a phone. I called back around 10pm to complete the order. I was told the phones where IN STOCK and I was guaranteed that mine was being packed for shipping that night to ship the next day. I checked my order status the next day (the 15th; which is the day they had advertised on their website that they would start shipping) online and it said that I was still trying to get carrier authorization. I called the rep back and she told me that it was all taken care of and that I'm ready for shipping. She proceeded to tell me that the Sprint would not allow them to ship the phones that day since the release date on the phone is the 16th. While understandable, this is still false advertising since the date they advertised for shipping was the 15th. I checked my order online today (the 16th; release day) and it shows "back-ordered" with no expected date of shipment. I called again and they told me that they did not receive the phones. I am livid beyond belief that I was deliberately lied to. I order from this site specifically because of the advertise Sep 15th ship date.

On top of it; my friend placed his order a few minutes after me when I called to complete the order. There is at least a 3 hour difference in the times the orders were put into the system and his order status page shows him an expected ship date of the 19th while my order status page does not give an expected ship date.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm so angry right now but feel I don't have many options. This was the cheapest price on the phone ($149.99 - 20% off = $119.01). I saved about $115 verses buying it in the store when you factor in activation and tax. I want the phone as soon as possible considering I paid money for it and was promised the device in a certain time frame. But, I currently have the EVO 4G so life isn't going to end if I'm forced to wait.

Needless to say, if it wasn't for saving such a huge amount, I would never purchase from LetsTalk again.

Upvote 0
I am just going to wait. I want this phone, and the $99 price point is too good to pass up. Sprint wants $199 for the phone, even for a new line, and everywhere else is back up to $149. It is terrible customer service on their part. Here is my email with them:

My friends that ordered their phones from wirefly have already had theirs shipped. When will this ship?

Dear customer,
Thanks for your recent email. Due to the unexpected high demand of this product from Sprint, we were notified that we will not receive the shipment for the Epic 4G Touch on the expected date of 9/16/2011. We are estimating the arrival date of the shipment to be the beginning of next week or sooner. We apologize for the inconvenience however once we have received the shipment, we will be quickly fulfilling orders as soon as possible. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact customer service at 877-825-5460.

So we'll see what happens next week. At this point I feel like saving the $50 and waiting it out, but I don't know how long that will last.

Here is the 2nd round of emails:

I hope that you will compensate me for the horrible lack of communication that I have received either by an upgraded shipping to overnight (which you seem to be offering for free now) or by paying my activation fee (which you also have waived as of now). I emailed you two times through the customer support website and received no response. I doubt you found out from Sprint only today that you would not have the phones in time and you should have notified your customers of the delay. People are a lot more understanding when you actually tell them what is going on, instead of waiting until the last minute (or after) to let them know what is going on.

Thank you for your recent email. LetsTalk.com apologizes for the inconvenience, and truly regret for not meeting our customers’ expectations regarding your recent experience with LetsTalk.com. We were only notified of this late on 9/15/2011. For the inconvenience, we have provided you with free overnight shipping. We are committed to assisting our customers and to ensure that you are happy during and after the sale. Thank you for choosing LetsTalk.com. We value your business and continued loyalty.
Regards,
LetsTalk.com Customer Service

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones