• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just out of curiosity....

climax

Lurker
Mar 9, 2012
canada
Hello,
I'm a new user to the android forums and wish to be a part of this well numbered community.

Well that said, I would like to obtain information on a subject that has crossed my mind.

I have noticed that some applications that require a registration process (such as heywire) take some type of information about your device or hardware.

Now I know there are plenty of apps that will take such information (because when I uninstalled heywire and later re-installed it it told me I had an account already. An some applications do this regardless of a different ip address.

I have no problem with this but am puzzled by this: what if I sell my desire z and the guy/girl that purchases it installs the app heywire or some app the device was already registered to? Will they be able to create a new account or will the app tell them that an account already exists for this device?

Same thing goes if I want to buy a second hand android.

So I guess my two questions are: will a person who buys a second hand android and downloads an app that the previous owner had and his device was registered, will be denied the possibility of creating an account?

Is there a way to un-register a device that was registered by its previous owner to a app like heywire or whatever app that does such actions?

Thanks to whoever will answer this question.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones