• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just outa the box

Dedge

Lurker
Nov 2, 2010
picked up a Samsung Captivate today from At&t after reading lots of good reviews. Of course first thing is to fiddle with it, kick the tires so to speak. Ran an update straight away from the phone. Then plugged in via the usb to my 64bit win7 system. But this is proving to be a hard nut to crack, my system doesn't recognise the new hardware, can't find driver. I have tried restarting my sys and opting to accept (unlicensed)? Not sure what the option said but I read somewhere that this might do the trick....nah. Went into apps on cell and tried to finf a solution there ... nah. I have no idea what Kies is but its got a green check. I happened to go back to software update and found a message "no firmware" does that mean that there is no updates coming my way or that I have wiped the firmware off my phone? So I am at a standstill I imagine that one has to be able to communicate with ones PC in order to maximise the versatility of the phone? Maybe I'm all wrong....please advise before I wish I had stayed with my old Blackberry.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones