• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just owned an iphone 3gs user :)

Jysnwllms

Apr 20, 2010
my friend has the 3gs and was trying to tell me that the phone is a slow piece of trash on an even worse network. so i told him to go to the internet browser. he had full bars of 3g and i only had 1. very rarely do i ever get more then 2 but thats another story. anyway we both started loading ign.com at the same time i finished loading a whole 7 seconds before him. he cried afterwards

I went out to a bar with my one friend who has an iphone (not sure what version). I put my phone on the bar and he pulled it next to his and said "oh here is your iclone". I was like well yeah they look similar when they are off but let's turn it on. He apologized immediately after seeing the widgets and everything. He really like the fact that I can see things right on my home screen and whatnot. Of course I took it further later and showed him how sports tap updates in the notification bar and he just rolled his eyes lol.

Upvote 0
I went out to a bar with my one friend who has an iphone (not sure what version). I put my phone on the bar and he pulled it next to his and said "oh here is your iclone". I was like well yeah they look similar when they are off but let's turn it on. He apologized immediately after seeing the widgets and everything. He really like the fact that I can see things right on my home screen and whatnot. Of course I took it further later and showed him how sports tap updates in the notification bar and he just rolled his eyes lol.

Hey

What is this "sports tap" i hear about?

Upvote 0
LOL this makes me laugh .... i had a Storm on AT&T (it would only get edge) and I could always download faster than the Verizon people at work. Please stop with the nonsense verizon So called 3g is slower than AT&T 3g.

So you're insinuating that Verizon doesn't actually have a 3G network? Or you're an angry troll? Doesn't it strike you as a bit sad that you're on a cell phone internet forum trying to provoke arguments over devices?

Reactions: TheGoatLantern
Upvote 0
A lot of it also depends on the speed of the phone itself. When I had a T-Mobile N1 on AT&T I would load pages faster then 3GS on 3G most of the time. Now that I have a AT&T N1 the 3GS can't even compare on the same network.

Compare the iPhone 4 to the Incredible and see speeds come more in line. AT&T has a faster 3G network period, and Verizon has the biggest.

Upvote 0
LOL this makes me laugh .... i had a Storm on AT&T (it would only get edge) and I could always download faster than the Verizon people at work. Please stop with the nonsense verizon So called 3g is slower than AT&T 3g.

Sure you did chief, AT&T's 3G speeds are garbage.

I had a 3GS and at work my speeds would max out ~50kb/s, this is with 5 bars.

My incredible with 1-2 bars in the same spot maxes out 200 kb/s down and 75.4kb/s up.

AT&T more like FailT&T.

Upvote 0
Sure you did chief, AT&T's 3G speeds are garbage.

I had a 3GS and at work my speeds would max out ~50kb/s, this is with 5 bars.

My incredible with 1-2 bars in the same spot maxes out 200 kb/s down and 75.4kb/s up.

AT&T more like FailT&T.

THIS!!!!!!!!!

I used a few modern phones on ATT and I could NEVER get any decent speeds out of their network, full bars, low bars, different cities, etc......

One day, at the airport, I had to lookup some car rental info.... It literally took almost 15 mins before I just asked every counter if they had my name. I found my reservation by voice before the ATT network could :D

Also VZ has much better rural penetration for 3G. I can go a few mins out of town and ATT goes to EDGE and is not a pleasant experience. I can drive for hours out of town on VZ and have excellent 3G coverage. It's one of the reasons that Google Nav should never be offered on ATT.

You all can pwn iphone users all day, and you might not even know it!

Upvote 0
It's an app/widget that allows you to treack sports and fav. teams in individual sports. Pretty nice app but I have since moved on to Sports Mobile, I find it to be a little quicker (i.e. less lag) and it tracks odds as well (for gamblers ;))

I can't find Sports Mobile, how do I get it?
(sorry for the noob question)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones