• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just picked up the Inspire and need help with Android!

swype - which apparently has to be sideloaded, which is a real pain with att and mac ( for me i can't get the sideload wonder machine to work)

if your coming from an iphone, use double twist on your comp and your phone. if you just want to throw some music on the sd card select "usb drive" instead of "charging only"

Upvote 0
swype - which apparently has to be sideloaded, which is a real pain with att and mac ( for me i can't get the sideload wonder machine to work)

if your coming from an iphone, use double twist on your comp and your phone. if you just want to throw some music on the sd card select "usb drive" instead of "charging only"

double twist?

Upvote 0
I have a quick Android question too, coming from a ex iPhone 4 user. I am running out of space on the stock 8GB SD card and I ordered a 32GB from Amazon last night. My question is, when I get this card what happens to the apps that are installed on the current SD card? Will they automatically redownload? I can re-sync my iTunes library, but the apps are what is confusing me.

Doubletwist worked great for me, I was able to move over my iTunes playlists with no issues except skipping the DRM files. Most all iTunes downloads after 08 are non DRM though if I remember correctly.

Upvote 0
I have a quick Android question too, coming from a ex iPhone 4 user. I am running out of space on the stock 8GB SD card and I ordered a 32GB from Amazon last night. My question is, when I get this card what happens to the apps that are installed on the current SD card? Will they automatically redownload? I can re-sync my iTunes library, but the apps are what is confusing me.

Doubletwist worked great for me, I was able to move over my iTunes playlists with no issues except skipping the DRM files. Most all iTunes downloads after 08 are non DRM though if I remember correctly.

anything on that sd card will be gone, you'll have to redownload the apps manually.

Reactions: PSXBatou
Upvote 0
So I should make a list of apps on it then. I'll assume the droid will report them as uninstalled since right now on the marketplace they show as installed and I can't click install again?

Thanks!

go to settings>applications>manage applications>sd and see what it says. you should be able to re-download them once it's removed but ive never actually done it before. do a dry run and pull it out to see what happens before the card arrives.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones