1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

just plain weird

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sumner, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sumner

sumner Lurker

My new lg optimus makes calls on it's own.
    Saturday my son calls early and ask why I called three times. the phone is on the counter and I haven't touched it. it shows I made three calls to him. then just a minute ago I'm at work and my phone is pluged in, all of a sudden I hear my son-in-law, wants to know why I called, i hadn't touched the phone. Also I'll be talking to someone and they hang up say they couldn't hear me anymore thought I hung up. anyone else having issues with phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kmfiremedic111

Kmfiremedic111 Well-Known Member

Poltergeists? But seriously when is the last time you turned your phone off and let it sit for a minute then turn back on? Or for that matter when is the last time you turned it off and took out the battery for a minute. That helps fix a lot of bugs with me. I turn my phone off then back on once a day. Reboots everything and gives it a fresh start. I hope that helps.

Also is your screen clean? Is your screen time out short enough to avoid accidental touch for calls? Are you leaving your phone in the phone screen or going back to your home screen?

3. sumner

sumner Lurker

ok my phone still has a mind of its own. I do keep it locked or turned off if not in use. I'm setting at my desk and look over at locked phone and the number 3 is going across the enter password. now that is weird. sometimes in the mornings I can see the phone has switched to emergency number and odd numbers were entered. I cannot believe anyone else hasn't had similiar problems.

4. Theres a progra m n market that helps stop accidental calls ... Call confirm... I reboot when the phone goes on a angel dust high

5. Jessicalt1

Jessicalt1 Member

I have had similar problems. Calls made when the phone is sitting down, or texts sent. I think it's an issue with the touchscreen but it does it so infrequently I haven't taken it into Sprint. Drives me nuts though.

6. Mine has done this twice in the last couple of days...called someone while screen is locked and phone is on my belt in a holster.

7. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

Call Confirm

Asks whether the call is exactly you intended before any Android phone calls. No more accidental calls. Raises up a confirm dialog on any calls. Number, photo and contact name on it help your decision.

--------------------

But they don

8. I'll give Call Confirm a try.

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews