• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just played with the Samsung Fascinate...

Putty

Android Expert
May 31, 2010
OH--IO
I guess it's running a 1ghz Hummingbird processor. It's pretty quick and the screen is amazing. I pulled up the camera and compared it to my Evo camera...it was like I was using my eyes for the camera on the Fascinate. It's a nice device. Can't wait to see how it stacks up against the Evo.

Why? I mean you own the Evo, why even bother looking at the fascinate. I'm sure it has somethings we think the Evo doesn't but what if you go ahead and decide to get the fascinate and a couple of weeks to two months later LG comes out with super smartphone with 5.5 inch sharp Aquos technology screen(smoke and mirrors really since they tout four colors green being one of them, green is a secondary color mixed from blue and yellow so its redundant-- 10 megapixal back camera, 3 megapixel front cameral 2.5 ghz jaquar processor, super thin, and it beats the Fascinate by a landslide...would you still feel you had second best and go after the speculative lg phone.

Once everyone gets the fascinate, there will be problems with it I'm sure, like everything else which I think most are imagined due to buyers remorse.

Upvote 0
Fascinate is a nice phone. I helped my roomate decide on it since he needed to stay with Verizon for his work. The screen is awesome and images do look better on it. That's also why pictures you've taken or videos looks better on it. But once you port them to your PC, you will notice the Evo is slightly sharper if not the same when comparing pictures.

Its fast and smooth and once it gets 2.2 it'll even be a better device however you will be limited to 3g. I experience 4g on my Evo the other day when I was picking up my gf from school and I got lost. I was able to use navigation and talk to her at the same time and it helped me get to her faster. Now I wish I had it all the time.

Upvote 0
I never said I looking to buy it...we had one ordered in my company and I was adding it to the Good server. I would not trade my evo for it. Im curious about this LG you speak of though.

I was making a sarcastic joke and that LG phone doesn't exist yet.

Well they make am 80 megapixel camera back for 40k I'm sure a phone like I imagined will come on the market within two years or so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones