• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just please answer my question :)

So I flashed CM6 that was ported for the Eris and I looked in the ROM manager application and noticed that there are updates you can check for... if theres an update will it be compatible with me phone? Because it was ported for the eris... So does that cause any issues?

I think I would probably stay away from the auto update. It most likely checks for the updates that Cyanogen puts out. It's just as easy to check xda every few days and stay on the safe side.

Reactions: Android noob
Upvote 0
to use the update function in rom manager the author of the rom has to have enabled ota updates. to date i don't think there are any custom rom's that have it enabled because verizon's ota's tend to remove root. you will see this when you try to use it as a message will pop up saying stating this.

the downloadable rom function in rom manager is also useless as no devs have put there rom's on the site that rom manager uses for downloads. i found this out the hard way by paying for the app to have this function only to be dissapointed. i do like rom manager anyways so it was worth the buck i spent to support the author.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones