• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

just pre-ordered mine, did you?

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    soooooo

i finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered mine.. but let me tell you, it was a huge ordeal.

so let me first start off with my boss is amazing. a few weeks ago he changed carriers from t-mobile to verizon. and he did it by opening up a business account with the big V. he then offered my to switch my current phone, the note 10+ and put it under his account so that i do not have to pay for my phone bill any more!!!!!!!

as great as it is for me, being on his plan made it harder for me to pre-order the Fold 3. so one of the local V stores was where he originally opened up the business account. my boss told me to go down there and talk to Jay. since Jay knew my boss, my boss did not have to go with me to pre-order the phone. however, his shop just temporarily closed down due to covid. soooo damn frustrating. so i went to another V store near the office....only to find it also was temporarily closed down as well. now i left work early around 3pm so i can do the pre-order. i then looked at the next closest store and it was not really close. so i looked a V store that was along my route to go home and found one, but it was 45 minutes away which put me at the store by 4:30. when i got there, i was told that they were closing soon and that the last hour was dedicated for payments only.....f'in stupid!!!!!!

so i was close to a Best Buy and went there. but the idiot helping me originally quoting me the price of $1499 for the Verizon version of the Fold 3 but then told me that the price was $1799 but could not explain why.......so i left.

so on my way home i found a V store that was open and willing to do my pre-order for me. thank god it was in the mall which stayed open til 8pm so i had time to get there. however when i got there, i was told that my boss would have to either be there with me to do the pre-order or buy the phone online himself. WTF!!!!!!

frustrated i dropped into Best Buy and talked to an associated who explained it better for me. they offer the 256g Fold 3 for $1499 but it is not meant for business accounts. they do not do those there apparently. business accounts have to go thru V, unfortunately. but they did say that i can just buy the unlocked version and just drop in the sim from my note 10+ and all is good.

sooooooooo i went home and just now went to sammy's website and bought myself a Z Fold 3 unlocked as well as the Galaxy Watch4 46mm black.

sorry for the long OP, but i'm curious who else pre-ordered the phone? where did you do it? carrier? or a place like Best Buy?

So... congratulations on losing your phone bill, even though you're now at the mercy of your boss.

Second, I never recommend getting a carrier-branded phone. Unlocked devices are easier to sell - and Verizon has a track record of "dumbing down" their phones because they don't want their customers to get confused with too many options in settings.

We've seen that by looking at the differences in settings between Samsung unlocked and Verizon-branded models.

I'm happy for you, though! And yes, I pre-ordered the 512gb unlocked. Fortunately, I want through my business' marketplace, clicked through to Samsung and got 6.25% rebate... which is a good chunk for an $1800 purchase with tax!

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    I'm actually glad I went online to do it. Sammy also is giving me more in return for my note 10+. They are giving me $315 back vs Best Buy wanted only $185. The back of my Note is cracked so not sure if I'll get the full $315, but the screen is not cracked so I think I'm good.

This will be my first unlocked phone.

Reactions: marctronixx
    Upvote 0
    I guess... well, I was one for quite awhile but I like the arrangement now. I had actually been saving up for the Fold 3 and the Darling Bride shocked me by saying, "you do a lot of work on your phone and you need a newer one: so you don't have to use your money for this, take it out of the joint account."*

She.has a Note 9 and we'll sell that while I hand my Note 10+ over to her. And I gots money in my slush fund!

:D

*- (while we have always combined our income into a single joint account, we each get a little money each month into our individual accounts. That way, we can buy each other gifts or surprises without it showing up in the joint statement... and if we want to just blow some money on personal hobby stuff, we can do that)

This morning - Friday the 20th - my "Pre-ordered" status at Samsung has changed to "In Process". I expect shipping by Monday or Tuesday, and delivery Wednesday or Thursday!

Upvote 0
    I may be the only person on AF with this issue, but my new challenge has been to come up with an appropriate name for my new phone. I have named every smartphone I've owned since the Motorola Droid in 2009. My current phone is Jeanette, my Galaxy Note 10+. Using the phonetics of G, N and T for 10, I found Jeanette a good fit. But Z Fold 3?

I decided to drop the Z and focus on "Fold 3" with the phonetics of F and TH. So far, the best name I've come up with is Faith... which isn't a bad name at all. If you can think of a female name that fits as well or better, I'm open to hearing about it.

EDIT: I'd actually considered the name "Zephelda" but decided against it since it's almost as big and complicated as the phone and not easily yelled LOL so if you want to use it, by all means feel free!

Last edited:
    Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    I may be the only person on AF with this issue, but my new challenge has been to come up with an appropriate name for my new phone. I have named every smartphone I've owned since the Motorola Droid in 2009. My current phone is Jeanette, my Galaxy Note 10+. Using the phonetics of G, N and T for 10, I found Jeanette a good fit. But Z Fold 3?

I decided to drop the Z and focus on "Fold 3" with the phonetics of F and TH. So far, the best name I've come up with is Faith... which isn't a bad name at all. If you can think of a female name that fits as well or better, I'm open to hearing about it.

EDIT: I'd actually considered the name "Zephelda" but decided against it since it's almost as big and complicated as the phone and not easily yelled LOL so if you want to use it, by all means feel free!
    OMG that is soooo cute......LOL

never named my phones before. i think i will just call it the beast.....because people will say that is a beast of a screen.

you should get it on the 25th. all of my orders will be here on the 25th. today i will get the case for the flip3.
    Check your tracking number! Samsung has shipped my phone and FedEx has it in transit!
    well my fedex tracking says that it is currently in Greensboro, NC and it still has an arrival date of 27th.

edit: i meant the 26th....lol

Upvote 0
    Last edited by a moderator:
    Upvote 0
    My new baby is at the destination sort facility and going on the truck for delivery today... do you think I can do anything with it? NO: I have a funeral and a wake to attend this afternoon & evening! It would be poor form, I suppose, to sit at a funeral with two phones hooked up, running Smart Switch... so I won't be able to actually do much with it until tomorrow! And then I have a meeting at 8 AM - I'm actually hoping no one shows up so I can set the thing up!

:oops:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones