• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just preordered - took forever

Goliath

Lurker
Mar 3, 2010
Hey all, long time lurker, first post here. Hoping to shed some light on the preorder status. I am not eligible for my NE2 until Sept 30th this year, but I can take advantage of the annual upgrade policy. I signed up for the email notification about the Incredible from VZW last week or so and received it end of last week.

This afternoon I decided to pull the trigger and order my FIRST smart phone. Opened the VZW email which took me to the preorder page. Entered my account info and began then process. I was able to upgrade my line (primary on a family share), added the txt messaging plan as well as data and talk plan, a case and charger. Had everything billed to my account.

What I wanted to let everyone know was that this whole process took forever! I've been on the laptop for over 45 minutes waiting for each step of the order process to go through. VZW website must be bombarded from everyone and their brother. So, if you decide to go this route be aware it will take some time but in the end the order will go through. I'll keep everyone updated about confirmation and shipment as I get them fro VZW. Hope this helps. TIFWIW.

Hey all, long time lurker, first post here. Hoping to shed some light on the preorder status. I am not eligible for my NE2 until Sept 30th this year, but I can take advantage of the annual upgrade policy. I signed up for the email notification about the Incredible from VZW last week or so and received it end of last week.

This afternoon I decided to pull the trigger and order my FIRST smart phone. Opened the VZW email which took me to the preorder page. Entered my account info and began then process. I was able to upgrade my line (primary on a family share), added the txt messaging plan as well as data and talk plan, a case and charger. Had everything billed to my account.

What I wanted to let everyone know was that this whole process took forever! I've been on the laptop for over 45 minutes waiting for each step of the order process to go through. VZW website must be bombarded from everyone and their brother. So, if you decide to go this route be aware it will take some time but in the end the order will go through. I'll keep everyone updated about confirmation and shipment as I get them fro VZW. Hope this helps. TIFWIW.

maybe your internet sucks? try running some speed test.. I dont ever have to wait 45 mins for a page to load..

Upvote 0
This brings me out of the shadows for lurking as well..

I work at an ISP (Big pipes to the internet,! 10mb a second usual download speed) and was unable to pre-order from VZW's website. This was between the hours of 4 and 6pm PST on 4/20. In one way or another, I kept getting disconnected from the server or sent back to the first page of the process to start over. Lag times were huge each time after clicking "submit" .

I just waited until I got home, then I preordered around 10:30pm pst that night, and the transaction took less than 5 minutes.

Verizon needs to configure some serious load balancing on their web servers!

Upvote 0
maybe your internet sucks? try running some speed test.. I dont ever have to wait 45 mins for a page to load..
Please. I think I would know if it was my internet connection. It was VZW's website. Nothing would load. I use FF and I had 6 tabs open at the time, paying the mortage, checking out wheels and tires for my whip, and streaming music. Was not the connection.

How much did you pay since your NE2 wasn't up yet?
I was able to get it for $199 with the $100 rebate being applied now since I was ordering online. The only thing was that I could not take advantage of my NE2 discount. But didn't want to wait 5 more months to do so.

I had the same issue took forever and a day to process
Glad to know that I wasn't the only one. :D

Upvote 0
It was very slow when I put in my preorder. Even as an employee, I have to use the normal MyVerizon site to order for my personal line. There was a major upgrade pushed out to MyVerizon recently and I'm sure thats contributing to the site's poor performance.

I'm not allowed to purchase from store inventory, so its online only for me. Now I just have to hope inventory levels are in good shape so employee orders don't get delayed. Employee orders can be put on hold if inventory is short.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I just pre-ordered online with no problem. My NE2 was $50 but CA tax was $43.72. Damn... I just hope the phone is fantastic. It will be my first smartphone, coming from LG Dare. Only one more week, but it feels like eternity. A month ago, waiting was not a problem but now... very anxious.

Holy crap! I pre-ordered Monday with a NE2 credit of $50. In MD, I was taxed $9 on the total $149.99. Sounds like you guys need a modern day Robin Hood out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones